Faculty Email Updates Sent Bi-Weekly
INCOMING STUDENT SURVEY SEPT 21-25
The Incoming Student Survey is now underway! Each year Champlain administers a survey during the fourth week of the semester to new, incoming students to 1) to connect them to resources that will help them succeed at Champlain, and 2) to get feedback on how to improve what we do for next year's incoming class. It is more important than ever for us to hear from our first-year students. If you teach a first-year course, please remind students to check their email for a survey invitation. Responses will allow us to provide immediate help to current students and guide improvements for next year’s incoming students. Look for a briefing on our findings in the coming weeks.
CAMPUS VISITOR POLICY REMINDER
VOTER REGISTRATION REMINDER
Did you know? In the 2016 Presidential election, 77% of our students registered to vote, but only 53% of them voted, according to our National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement (NSVLE) report. The ChampVotes coalition of faculty, staff and students ask that you incorporate something related to the upcoming election into your classes. You might do something as simple as sharing a one-slide visual, announcing our voter registration and engagement tool, TurboVote, sharing the more detailed 12 slide version (see 4 minutes video version here).
College Reopening Resources
Upcoming Semester Dates:
- 10/18 Midterm Grades Due
- 10/26 Student Registration period opens for spring courses
- 11/6 Student Registration period closes for spring courses (to avoid late fee)
- 11/13 Last day to withdraw from a course with a grade of “W” and last day to withdraw from the College
- 11/16 - 12/4 IDEA Student Ratings of Instruction
- 11/23 - 11/27 Thanksgiving Break
- 11/30 Classes resume with 100% virtual instruction
- 12/09 Incomplete request deadline