Message from Mission Control
* Shout out to Kim Rollins and Tiffany Wengert for having their students recite their class pledges!! It's so fun to see the students taking ownership and creating these personal "missions" to live by each day! We are looking forward to hearing even more classes recite their creeds, so make sure to let us know!
* The technology team will be here on Thursday to meet with grade levels (specialists can join whichever time works best for them) to go over website refreshers and show you all some new tech tools you can use in the classroom. I have sent them the room numbers for team leads, so you all will be meeting in those classrooms. Make sure to have your laptops. There are several new apps and programs that our students would really enjoy, and I would like to see more technology implemented within our lessons, as we continue to grow in that area.
* Speaking of websites, please make sure to have your website (webpage) updated with the district required items. A list of those is below. It was also listed in the email I forwarded from April Dunning, the CTHS librarian, last week.
Email address (listed and linked)
Brief welcome message and bio (optional)
* If you have not scheduled your TTESS goal setting conference yet, please be expecting that this week. I have sent meeting invites to all of the teachers on my list. Make sure to read the email I sent with the instructions on where to go to fill out the goal setting form. We are not using the "Appraise" app this year; everything will be done in "Strive." If you have any questions, please ask. Remember, this is our second year with TTESS, so now that we are more familiar with the system, we will be looking more carefully at the goals that you create and how you went about determining what you chose. Looking back on last year's evaluation might be a good way to help you analyze areas that you want to focus on for improvement. Make sure to have reasons when you come to the conference, so we can discuss why you picked the certain goals and what you will work on in order to successfully accomplish those goals.
* Make sure to sign up for PTA! We want to have 100% participation!!
*Make sure to note our dress code change that we made. We will not be having Warm Up Wednesday any longer. Wednesdays will now be reserved for the PD shirts/jeans days. Please only wear jeans on Wednesday WITH the PD shirt. This was an incentive for getting those hours during the summer, so we want to reserve that day for those who worked to earn the shirt! Tues, Wed (for those with no PD shirts), and Thursday should be professional dress. You can dress professional and also comfortable. We want to make sure we are representing ourselves and taking pride in our appearance. This is coming down, not only from me, but from the district level as well. Please remember this as we work to present ourselves as professional each day.
* Don't forget:
- Compliance Bundle-( due Sept. 15th)- Turn in your certificates to me.
- Science Certificates to be turned in to me (all teachers who teach science)
- PD forms
- Grading Handbook signature pages
* Make sure you receive back your social media forms, so we know who can/can't be on social media. If you need additional copies, they are located on the One Note portal.
* Also, remember to turn in the School Compact permission forms once you have your entire (or majority) class set returned.
* Granola with Grandparents is this Friday, September 8th. We will have it begin at 7:10 am. If you can try to be here early on that day to help out where needed, we would appreciate it. Forms will be sent home this week!
* Our first PTA meeting will be Tuesday, September 12th. This will also be our Title 1 informational meeting. We will be sending out invitations next week. I believe PTA will be serving pizza (sponsored by The Pizza Buffet), so we hope to have a lot of people in attendance. Tammie is also going to do a short presentation about bullying, ways to report it, and the importance of parents checking students' devices on regular bases. We have already had several reports of inappropriate texts, screenshots, etc. taking place on social media sites.
* Make sure to sign up for a book study! The sign ups are on the staff portal. I will be passing out books next week, and we will begin on October 2nd. All book studies will be done via online and use of the Staff Portal notebook. This is a great way to see and share the collaboration among members as well as become familiar with the portal and see various ways you could incorporate this (especially with our older students) in your classroom. You CAN participate in all the book studies, but this sign up will just be for the first round, which will begin
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
RESPECT: showing consideration to others; to honor
DATES TO REMEMBER
Thursday, September 7th:
Technology team meetings during conferences
Kori off campus at meeting
Friday, September 8th:
Granola w/Grandparents @ 7:10
Monday, September 11th:
K-2 Extended Blocks/PLC's begin
Tuesday, September 12th:
PTA Meeting/Title 1 Parent Meeting/Bullying @ 6:00 pm
Thursday, September 14th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Friday, September 15th:
Compliance Bundles Due
Thursday, September 21st:
Kori off campus at meeting
Tuesday, September 26th:
Wednesday, September 27th:
Misty Germaine here for math walks- 9:45-11:15