Marseilles Elementary Newsletter
May 10, 2022
- Tuesday, May 10th- 2:25pm Early Dismissal
- Tuesday, May 10th- TNT Bike Ride (leave at 11am)
- Tuesday, May 10th- Kindergarten Walking Field Trip
- Tuesday, May 10th- Spring Concert (Band/Choir) 6:00pm
- Wednesday, May 11th- PAWS 2 Field Trip
- Wednesday, May 11th- Russo Tree Farm Field Trip
- Thursday, May 12th- PTA meeting 5:30pm
- Friday, May 13th- 5th Grade Field Trip
- Friday, May 13th- IESA State Track Meet
- Saturday, May 14th- IESA State Track Meet
- Monday, May 16th- 8th Grade Field Trip to Chicago
- Tuesday, May 17th- 2:25pm Early Dismissal
- Wednesday, May 18th- 7th Grade Field Trip to Chicago
- Wednesday, May 18th- 8th Grade Walking Field Trip
- Wednesday, May 18th- Junior High Dance in Cafeteria 6:00-8:00pm
- Thursday, May 19th- 4th Grade Field Trip to Utica
- Thursday, May 19th- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Ganz Greenhouse
- Thursday, May 19th- 8th Grade Promotion @ 6:00pm
- Friday, May 20th- 11:30am Dismissal- School Improvement Day
- Friday, May 20th- Kindergarten Round Up 12:30pm-1:30pm
- Monday, May 23rd- Last Day of Preschool
- Monday, May 23rd- TNT Walking Field Trip
- Tuesday, May 24th- 2:25pm Early Dismissal
- Wednesday, May 25th- Field Day
- Friday, May 27th- Last Day of School
Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive
Band and Choir Spring Concert
Junior High Dance- Wednesday, May 18th
Regional Office of Education Community Partnership Grant-- Parent Survey Request
Parent/Caregiver Education Nights
Youth Mental Health First Aid: free training for educators
Teen Mental Health First Aid
To help identify needs in communities, parents are being asked to fill out the survey linked below. If you have 2-3 minutes, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Save the Date- 8th Grade Promotion
Marseilles Athletic Club Chicken Fry Fundraiser
N Day- Necklace Neck Tie Day (Wednesday)
O Day- Orange Day (Thursday)
P Day- Pet Day (Friday)
Q Day- Queen and King Day (Monday)
R Day- Rock-n-Roll Day (Tuesday)
Kindergarten Round Up- May 20th
Vision and Screening Notification
VISION AND HEARING SCREENING NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENT
TITLE 77 ADMINISTRATIVE CODE
SECTION 685.110 and 675.110
Section 685.110(d) requires screening programs to inform parents/guardians PRIOR TO SCREENING and IN WRITING that vision screening will be conducted and that screening is not a substitute for a full vision assessment. The following language must be included in the notice:
“Vision screening is not a substitute for a complete eye and vision examination by an eye doctor. Your child is not required to undergo the vision screening if an optometrist or ophthalmologist has completed and signed a report indicating that an eye examination has been administered within the previous 12 months.”
This notice is NOT a “consent” to screen and it must clearly inform parents that unless there is a vision examination report from a doctor in the child’s file, the screening (at mandated age and grade levels) will be done.
Notification can be done through a school web-site, school handbook, a newsletter, the school calendar, a separate notice, etc.
Section 675.110 requires screening programs to inform parents/guardians PRIOR TO SCREENING and IN WRITING that vision screening will be conducted and that screening is not a substitute for a full vision assessment. The following language must be included in the notice
Hearing screening services shall be provided annually for all school age children who are in grades K (kindergarten), 1, 2, and 3; are in any special education class; have been referred by a teacher; or are transfer students. These screening services shall be provided in all public, private, and parochial schools. Hearing screening is recommended in grades 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12.
This notice is NOT a “consent” to screen and it must clearly inform parents that unless there is a hearing examination report from a doctor in the child’s file, the screening (at mandated age and grade levels) will be done.
Consent for COVID Testing Form
Please click on the link below to complete the form. If you have already returned a signed copy, we do have it on file, but you are welcome to still complete the form.
COVID Informational Letters
With COVID guidance changing, we have recently moved to masks recommended. We respect the conversations and decisions made at home to do what is best for you and your family.
We still have tests here at the school, should you or anyone in the family experience any symptoms and want to be tested. COVID symptoms have not changed, but each individual will be looked at on a case by case basis. You may contact our school nurse or the local health department with any questions.
- Fever (100.4°F or higher),
- New onset of moderate to severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sore throat
- Body Aches
- Loss of Taste and/or Smell
- Runny Nose or Stuffy Nose
Marseilles Elementary School
Attendance line: 815-795-8795.
Please indicate names of students and why they are out in your message.
Main office: 815-795-2428
Email addresses (with link) can be found on the district website.
Please make sure you visit the MES website (https://mes150.org) for the most up-to-date information. Newsletters will be sent to you through TeacherEase as well as posted on the website. If you have not yet liked our Facebook page, check it out- Marseilles Elementary School District #150. Information is shared here as well as communicated through Class Dojo.