Foster Parents Wanted!!
We have kids ages 3-12 who are in need of a temporary home.
By Jocelyn Robertson
Looking for parents that:
- Are responsible and confident in what you do.
- Has Patience, Understanding, and a Sense of Humor
- Must have an updated Health Record, all vaccinations and checkups complete.
- Can't have any felonies on there record
- Have an up to date Foster and Drivers License
- Must have completed the 27 - hour PRIDE training course. PRIDE stands for Parent Resources for information, Development, and Education.
- Realistic Expectations
- Positive Attitude
- Non-judgemental and Anti-Discriminatory in your outlook.
- Resilent Person
- Welcome Guidance and Support
Skills and Abilities Required
As a foster carer you will need to:
- Able to provide a good standard of care to other people’s children to promote their health, education and leisure interests
- A good listener that can communicate with children / young people in a way that is appropriate for their age and understanding.
- Willing to learn new skills.
- Be able to help the child / young person keep in contact with their family, friends and local community activities as appropriate.
- Put boundaries in place in order to manage behaviour in an effective and positive way to enable children / young people to grow up to be responsible and well balanced adults
- Have energy and motivation to remain committed to a child / young person through more challenging times
- Ability to work with and understand the role of all the professionals involved in the child / young person’s life.
- Can cope with the extremes of emotions you will experience and the response the will demand of you.
- Communicate openly and honestly.
- Flexible, but also capable of setting clear boundaries.
- Express views both verbally and in written form.
- Multi-Tasking Conflict Resolution
- Emotional intelligence
- Effective Feedback
- Customer Relationship Management
- Time Management
- Diversity Awareness
- Role Model
- Loving and Affectionate
- Ability to Manage Stress
- Respectful of Autonomy
- Be a Good Friend
- Set Limits
- Being Consistent with Discipline
- Complimenting Children's Good Behavior
- Have Time to Care for Children