The Colt Classified
January 13, 2020
Pajamas and Pancakes Change of Date- February 21st
Colts! We are very excited to spend some time together at our Family Night! We have had a very busy week leading into the new school year and several busy weeks to come with our amazing Gala and then Steps for Students! We will postpone our event until Friday, February 21st so that we do not tap into the resources already hard on work on these two events. The sign-up https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040D4CAFAA23A31-pancakes will be updated with the new date. If you have already signed up, you can keep your same assignment or cancel if you are not available. (Reminder: the Griddle assignment and cooking the pancakes will be for adults only).
We will also have a pre-sale/pre-order for the event.
Thank you so much for your understanding,
Jae Frazier (PSO President)
Virtual Used Uniform Sale
We are halfway through the school year, and our scholars have grown in so many ways! If your scholar's uniform is shrinking, the PSO Used Uniform Sale is right around the corner. The proceeds from the sale go to the PSO to benefit the school. Save lots of money with rock bottom pricing on your uniform needs.
This winter we are going to try a "virtual" used uniform sale. Please email your uniform request to email@example.com, with the family name, your scholar's name and grade, and the uniform items you would like including size and any other particulars. Pricing is the same as during the summer - $10 for long sleeved sweaters and fleece jackets, $3 for ties, belts, headbands, prior season spirit shirts, $5 for everything else, including skorts, skirts, blouses, shirts, polos, jumpers, and gym uniform tops and bottoms.
Please send in your email request, and orders will be filled on a first-in first-filled basis, as supplies allow. Your order will be brought to the school office on January 24th, billed to your FACTS account, and given to your scholar to bring home.
If only part of your order can be filled, we will fill that part (unless you specifically request all or nothing.) Also, it's important that if you are specifying a size such as medium, we will need to know if it is youth medium, or adult medium. For skorts/skirts, we can accommodate size tag on the skirt, and/or waist & length measurements.
Please note that due to the lack of popularity, we will not be reselling pants and shorts.
A huge thanks to Mrs. Maribeth Cremer for overseeing this project!
STREAM is Robotics in Action
Tippi Toes is Back
To learn more about Tippi Toes, view the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHdvGDcJJKQ
To enroll your child, click on the following link: https://dancestudio-pro.com/online/tippitoeshouston
*To receive $20.00 OFF Registration Fee, use code: "dance" (expires 1/20/20)
If you have more questions please email:
Thank You for Supporting our Eighth Grade Scholars!
Roaring into the 20's Auction/Gala- February 8, 2020
The auction gala is one of the school’s largest fundraisers and helps the school make investments in technology, facility improvement, and staff development.
Planning continues and your help is needed!
- Invitations have been mailed!
- Purchase your tickets to this fun evening!
- Check out the great underwriting opportunities and the flapper headbands and armbands available to coordinate with your auction outfit. See CCCS website https://www.corpuschristihouston.org/auction-gala for examples.
- Show your CCCS spirit by purchasing an ad in the Auction Gala program. From a quarter page to a full page, there is a perfect ad opportunity for your family or your business.
- Do you have gift cards or tickets to concerts, sporting events or entertainment venues you can donate to the silent auction?
- Check your Tuesday folder for a donation form. Contact your favorite local businesses and provide the form. Whatever you or your friends would bid on could be a great addition to our auction!
- Let’s get those class baskets and class projects going!
- Join us on Thursday, January 16th at 6:00pm in the Library. There are many ways you can help and get your volunteer hours. Current needs include volunteers for data input and solicitation follow up. Contact Susan Miller firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-664-3351 if you are interested.
Stay tuned for more information about this fun and important event!
Steps for Students
February 15, 2020 is a huge day for the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston! It’s the annual Steps 4 Students Walk/Run at the Co-Cathedral. Join thousands of other Catholic School students, parents, and teachers/staff as we raise funds for Catholic Schools. All of the money raised in support of our Corpus Christi Catholic Team comes right back to us!
Join us on race day! Register through the website http://www.steps4students.org Make sure you find the Corpus Christi Catholic School Team and join. Please note that the price increases by $10 on January 31! Also, the last day to order an Archdiocesan Steps for Student dri-fit t-shirt will be January 15, so don’t miss out on that opportunity!
Can’t join us on February 15? You can support us through prayers and donations. Visit our team fundraising page to make a donation and share with family and friends! No dollar amount is too small!
Catch the Steps Spirit! Wear your green CCCS Steps4Students t-shirt each Tuesday with uniform bottoms until Race Day. Adult size small and youth sizes available for $15 each in the school office.
New this year! The top 15 fundraisers from among all the Catholic Schools will be invited to a VIP breakfast on the morning of the race and will have race bibs #1-15.
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston has volunteer opportunities available to help get ready for the race. Click https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d4daaa92ea4fa7-2020 for information and to sign-up.
- For God's healing of Mrs. Frances Estrada, mother of Mrs. Ponce
- For God's healing of Mr. Tom Flatley, father of CCCS parent, Jennifer Bauman
- For God's healing of Ryleigh Dishon, sister of Cristina Boone and Madison Dishon
The Colt Community is continuing to grow! Congratulations to the Hawkins family; Emry (K) and Susana (3K) welcomed their baby brothers, Louis and George, on December 30th. A double blessing just in time for the new year!
Monday, Jan. 13th, 3:15-4pm
Joint Home Basketball Game
Monday, Jan. 13th, 4:30pm
Varsity boys, 5:30
School Board Meeting
Tuesday, Jan. 14th, 6pm
Wednesday, Jan. 15th, 8am
Boys Home Basketball Game
Wednesday, Jan. 15th, 4:30pm
Varsity boys, 5:30
Girls Home Basketball Game
Thursday, Jan. 16th, 4:30pm
Varsity girls, 5:30