LEAD Innovation Studio
Vol. 4, Issue 18 - January 8, 2021
NOTE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Community is a core value of LEAD, and one we have particularly focused on this year as we experience unprecedented challenges. This week's events underscore the importance of Community, and of caring for and looking out for one another. At LEAD we value each of our students as individuals, and appreciate what they bring to our community. We believe that conversation, collaboration, teamwork, and a connection to our community will benefit all of us. We believe that each student and staff member belongs here.
JANUARY 11-15 SCHEDULE
STUDENT ANTIGEN TESTING
Starting on January 4, Park Hill School District started to offer antigen testing to students who have COVID-19 symptoms. We already offer this to staff members. If your child has symptoms, please contact the school nurse to schedule a test.
If your child is experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 and are wanting to have them tested, here's how:
1.) Must be a student in the Park Hill School District.
2.) Must have symptoms.
3.) Call LEAD Nurses at 359-4134 for a referral to the testing site.
4.) Click and print this consent form (fill out prior to appointment).
Please contact the LEAD nurses if your child has an exposure or symptoms of Covid, or if you have any health or wellness concerns at any time.
Individual Junior meetings with your counselor are now being held through January 22 to review your ICAP- Individual Career and Academic Plan. Check your email with more information on how to sign up through Calendly.
This meeting is required! Please bring your laptop to our meeting!
Hybrid Students: Select a meeting date/time on an In Person day: When you sign up, your selected date and time will automatically be added to both your and your counselor’s outlook calendars. On the day of your scheduled meeting, create an e-hall pass to come meet with your counselor.
Online Students: When you sign up, your selected date and time will automatically be added to both your and your counselor’s outlook calendars. Your counselor will video conference you on Microsoft Teams or send you a Zoom link at your scheduled time.
For your reference, you can access the Junior ICAP Presentation Here:
Mrs. Shanks- LEAD Counselor (Last Names A-K)
Mrs. Colvin- LEAD Counselor (Last Names L-Z)
END OF COURSE TESTING
Parents of Online and In-Person students who will be taking one or more EOC’s have received information about which days your student will test and where to report for testing. Online and In-person teachers have been and will continue to provide details to students about their test day. All EOC testing will take place at LEAD.
-In-Person testing: January 11-12
-Make-up test day: January 13
Assistant Principal – LEAD Innovation Studio
LEAD A+ TUTORING AVAILABLE!!
10th, 11th and 12th grade LEAD A+ students can now sign up to tutor their peers, either face to face or virtually, and get A+ hours for their time and effort! If your student would like to tutor, they need to fill out the A+ Tutors Application which can be found under the Resources tab in their Schoology LEAD A+ group.
If you feel that your child could benefit from meeting with a tutor, they can sign up for one in Summit. Please have your student follow these directions to access the request form:
- Open Summit and in the left blue field, select the 20-21 LEAD Homeroom course
- Scroll down to the LEAD Info and Useful Documents
- Select LEAD Community
- Scroll down to Resources and select the LEAD Tutoring request
Our goal is to have a tutor assigned to the request in one work week.
If you'd like to acknowledge your student's birthday, sporting events at the home high school - pictures in action or in uniform, future plans (college, trade school, etc.) send us a picture so that we can celebrate with you.
JOSTENS - CLASS RINGS & GRADUATION INFORMATION
- January 21 & 22 - Sophomore class ring premier (socially distanced class meeting). Order/information packets distributed
- January 25 & 26 (lunch periods) - Class ring orders
- February 2 & 4 - Additional ring orders
- March 12 (lunch periods) - Grad announcement delivery
- March 17 - Additional grad announcement delivery
- April 8 & 9 (lunch periods) - Class ring delivery
- April 15 (lunch periods) - Cap/gown delivery
- April 21 - Additional cap/gown delivery
MARK YOUR CALENDAR . . .
- January 12, 14, 20 - Northland Career Center Virtual Open House (details above)
- January 15 - Final day of Semester 1
- January 18 - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, NO SCHOOL
- January 19 - First day of Semester 2
- January 21 & 22 - Sophomore Class Ring Premier (information and order packets distributed)\
- February 12 - Deadline to apply for Professional Studies (details above)