Pride of the Tribe
April 22, 2019
Consider giving the Teacher Effectiveness Inventory to your students! Click Below...
Thursday's Bell Schedule
Nuts and Bolts
- GRADES - Are your grades entered each week? I have fielded three calls about teachers not putting in grades in a timely manner.
- SUMMER PD - The link to sign up hasn't been released yet. Start looking at PD options so when it rolls out you can sign up first!
- CTE/Elective Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Baseball vs. Aubrey @ Aubrey, 5:00pm
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Letter Jacket Sizing During Lunches
- Alternate Bell Schedule to accommodate the One Act Play Performance
- Regional Track Meet (Send-Off at the end of 7th period - Students will be called out)
- Band Contest
- Regional Track Meet Continued
- Baseball vs. Farmersville @ SHS, 7:30pm
I Leave You With This...
How do you teach students to become problem designers?
“After 40 years of technology, we are still spoon-feeding students problems to solve,” Alan November said. He finds this ridiculous in an era when hiring managers and business leaders routinely say they are looking for employees who can define the problems the company faces and set about attacking them. But students don’t often get to practice defining the problems they will solve. And without exposure to this type of thinking they become dependent, knowing the teacher will do the hard work of devising problems for them.
It's time to prepare students for the future by allowing them to design, collaborate, and give back.