11/22/23 HS Newsletter (day 4)
Para leer en español, haga clic en el botón "Traducir (Translate)" arriba.
Please see the newsletter below for the most recent SHHS announcements, school highlights, upcoming events and a list of useful contacts and resources. Have a great day!
TODAY IS DAY 4.
Please note that today is a half day of school. It will be an even day. Periods 1, 2/3 and 7/8 will run that day.
If you received a STUDENT PARKING PASS for Quarter 1, please turn in your parking pass by November 22. Student parking spaces are limited. If you want a parking pass for Quarter 2, please fill out the Google Form. If you had a pass for Quarter 1, you may not receive one for Quarter 2. Please be prepared for alternate arrangements. There is a QR code or link posted throughout the building to access the signup form. It is also posted on the senior class Google Classroom. New passes will be distributed on Monday, November 27.
- There will be no Sleepy Coffee for today.
- Due to the library closing, all library books are due back today.
- Attention all Peer Mentors: We will be meeting for our Freshman Experience Training Session on Monday, November 27th. Please see the Google Classroom for details. You are expected to attend. If you have questions, see Mrs. McChoi.
- Attention all English Honor Society Members: We will be meeting on Monday, November 27th at 3:05 in the High School Cafeteria. This is the day we return from Thanksgiving Break. Attendance is expected. Any questions, see Mrs. McChoi. Thanks.
- Would you like to bring holiday joy to the children at Blythedale Children's Hospital? Be a holiday helper, get donated gifts, and help wrap. First meeting will be Tuesday, Nov. 28th in room 202c @ 3:05 or see Ms. Dreher in room 202c.
- There will be a Euro Challenge meeting in room 314W on Tuesday, 11/28 at 3:10. Please see Mr. O'Neil for further details.
- Attention Seniors!!! Senior Portrait Dates are currently open and available to make appointments for December 7th. There will be no senior portrait sittings past December 2023. Directions for signup can be found on the Yearbook Google Classroom. If you have any questions or if you have trouble signing up, please reach out to your Yearbook Advisors - Mrs. Katsman (Room 211W) or Mrs. Adamo (Room 210W).
- The following students must see Mrs. Bonitatibus in guidance to collect their yearbooks: Maya Batheja, Aaron Bell, Nathaniel Bell, Egz Dak, Kayla McGuigan, Joshua Miller, Matthew Schatzel, Miles Sheridan, and Karina Dakota Vizcaino.
- The following people need to hand in uniforms back to Mrs. Persad: Sophia McLaurin. You may leave it in her mailbox. Please make sure it has your name on it. Thank you!
- Attention Sleepy Hollow HS Parents/Guardians: Yearbooks are now on sale! Please make sure you purchase your child's yearbook now, before prices go up. The yearbook is a treasured keepsake of their high school memories, and your child will enjoy looking at it for many years to come. Go to jostens.com to purchase a yearbook. It is an investment you don't want to miss!! Questions? Please send an email to Mrs. Bonitatibus at email@example.com.
- Attention Parents/Guardians of High School Seniors: Congratulations! Your child is now a senior in high school and you are so proud of their achievement. Why not create your own recognition ad in their yearbook and let them know how proud you are? Imagine the smile on your child's face when they see your personalized ad? Go to jostens.com to create your ad. The website is very user friendly and there are Jostens' representatives who are available to help every step along the way. Questions? Please email Mrs. Bonitatibus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social media tips for parents/guardians from our School Resource Officer, Officer Steven Bencosme:
- Cyber-Safety Tips
- Parenting Suggestions Regarding Technology
- How to Support Your Child’s Social-Emotional Health / Cómo apoyar la salud socioemocional de su niño
- Parent Ultimate Guide to Instagram / Guía para padres sobre Instagram
- Tik Tok Guide for Parents/Guardians
- Snapchat Safety Resources for Parents
- A Parent’s Guide to Snapchat
BLUE LIGHTS OUTSIDE OF SCHOOLS:
- Blue lights flashing notify people outside of schools that the school is on LOCKDOWN.
- Please remember NOT to enter a school when the blue light box outside of the school is flashing blue.
- All of our schools have one or more blue light boxes throughout the outside of the school. The box is gray and has a strobe light that will flash blue when activated.
- Please be advised that we do activate the blue strobe lights during our lockdown DRILLS as well.
- During student drop off and pick up, PLEASE use the designated cut-out (for high school students it is in front of the high school main entrance & for the middle school students it is in front of the middle school).
- PLEASE DO NOT STOP ON THE MAIN TRAFFIC LANE TO LET YOUR CHILD OUT OF THE VEHICLE. PLEASE USE THE DESIGNATED DROP OFF SPOTS.
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:
After thorough consideration and careful planning, the Board of Education approved a resolution that proposes a bond vote on December 12, 2023.
This capital plan will play a crucial role in supporting our mission to create a safe, nurturing, and enriching learning environment for all of our students. It will help to address many infrastructure needs across our school district. Our schools have been the heart of our community for generations. It is our responsibility to ensure that they continue to remain places where our children can thrive academically and emotionally.
Additional information on the proposed bond can be found in the following resources:
Over the course of the next few weeks, leading up to the vote, we will provide various opportunities for our community to learn more about the bond. In the meantime, I want to thank you for your ongoing support of our schools.
- TUFSD Family Cultural Inventory: We're delighted to invite you to participate in our Family Cultural Survey—a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the diverse tapestry of cultures that make each family special and unique. This short survey aims to discover the rich traditions, values, and experiences that shape your family identity so we can accommodate and support your children in our schools. https://forms.gle/b5wWywnjqrhv3qoV6
- 11/22 - ½ day for Staff and students
- 11/23-11/26 Thanksgiving Recess
- 11/30 - Start of the Godwin Basketball tournament