North Park Elementary
- Thank you so much for helping us reach our building goal for 100% for participation in Parent Teacher conferences! We love communicating with parents and grandparents to share successes of their children! Thank you for partnering with us for your child.
- Monday, Oct. 30th our wonderful PTO is offering a fun family night including art show, trick or treating, scavenger hunt, and book fair! Children may wear costumes, but we kindly request no face paint or masks please!
- Winter Weather has arrived! We still have recess outdoors so please dress your child accordingly and send coats, hats, and gloves.
- Our Grand Opening of our new facilities across the district will be held on November 21st. North Park will have it's opening at 4:45. Come to see the new classrooms and additional learning spaces that you supported having! We are so thankful!
- Thanksgiving Break will be from Wednesday, November 22 through Sunday, November 26th. I hope you have a safe time and enjoy time with your families.
Title I Helpful Hints
Here are six tips to help improve reading comprehension taken from Scholastic website.
1. Have your child read aloud: This forces them to go slower, which gives them more time to think about what they read.
2. Provide the right kinds of books: Make sure your child gets lots of practice reading books that aren't too hard. They should recognize at least 90 percent of the words without any help. Stopping any more interferes with the meaning.
3. Reread to build fluency: Your child needs to read quickly and smoothly. Rereading familiar books gives your child practice at decoding words quickly so they become fluent.
4. Talk to the teacher: If your child is struggling with reading comprehension, the teacher may be able to provide extra support for you at home.
5. Supplement class reading: If your child's class is studying a topic, look for books or magazines on that topic or a topic of interest.
Talk about what they are reading: This helps them remember and think about books. Ask questions before, during, and after to encourage reading comprehension
Upcoming important dates
10/30-Nov 3 Book Fair all week
10/30 Bus Safety
10/30 PTO Fall Family Night 5:30-7pm
10/31 Assembly 3:00 pm
11/1 Jump with Jill 9:00
11/6 PTO 5:30
11/13-17 American Education Week
11/14 BOE 5:30
11/15 Thanksgiving Feast - RSVP to follow
11/21 Grand Opening of New Construction areas 4:45
11/22-26 Thanksgiving Break - enjoy!
12/4 1st Grade Program
12/12 BOE 5:30
Early Dismissal Times
School Event Reminders
Bus times running behind
Please check out our school website www.moberlyk12.mo.us to sign up! It is located under Parent Tab!
Our PTO is an important parent organization that does a great deal to support students and staff. Please join us each month on the first Monday of each month at 5:30. Check out our North Park PTO Facebook page!
Ms. Silva and the Jumpstart program are available at Allendale Manor on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 to help your child with homework and practice learning objectives. She does a great job of partnering with our school to help children.
BOOK FAIR FUN!
Bookfair is open each morning until 8:45. Students need to eat breakfast first and not be late to class.
The Book Fair will also be open Monday night for Fall Fun Night from 5:30-7pm and Wednesday and Thursday after school from 3:45 to 4:15!