Relay for Life!
Fighting Ever Fighting
What is it?
My mom took my family and I to our county's summer Relay for Life event in Ellsworth for years as she fought her battle with cancer. I was always so excited to play the kid games that were held to raise money and remember walking with her during the Survivor Lap. After she passed, my brothers and I have tried to continue attending the event- every time walking/running laps for many hours as a reminder that cancer never sleeps and listening to the Luminaria Ceremony with candles lit around the track for those who were affected by cancer. This year I am excited to continue the tradition of participating, but a little differently this time, by forming a team with Emilie Taylor.
What You Do?
How to Sign Up!
Anybody can join our Relay for Life Family (our team)...the more the merrier and WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU!
Sign up by going to http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=59651. The page should look like this picture.
When you get there...
1. Click on Sign Up
2. Click on 'Join a Team' on the right side of the page under New Participants.
3. Select 'Shane's Soldiers' as the team name.
4. Fill out the rest of the form and click confirm- it is $10 to join the event and it also asks for a fundraising goal. It's okay if you are unable to fundraise much. I usually just raise money by selling luminaries.
Let me know if something doesn't work or if you need any help!
...And a couple random notes:
- It's alright if you are unable to be there the whole evening.
- Like the K-State Relay for Life on Facebook.