Violet Views September 2021
HOME OF THE SUPERVIOLETS
We have worked through our first fifteen days of school, and our students are trying hard to transition into the everyday life of school. Some are doing amazing, and some may need just a little more time but that's okay. We have spent the first three weeks working on procedures, routines, expectations, and schedules. Also, teachers have been assessing them to learn where they will begin academic instruction with your child. The first few weeks are extremely busy setting up instructional plans for the remainder of the school year, along with building those relationships that will help smooth out those plans.
As a community of learners, we are working to ensure that all teachers, and staff this year embrace a mindset of creativity and flexibility and a great desire for EXCELLENCE. We believe that just as it is important to teach reading and math skills, it is equally important to teach our children about ways to be successful. Our goal is to develop learners who persevere in their pursuit of learning and goal attainment. We look forward to partnering with you in this effort!
Please know that your child’s academic learning and social-emotional growth is of utmost importance to us here at Violet. We recognize that as parents, you play an important role in your child’s education. Therefore, we invite you to take an active role in your student’s learning experience by:
Collaborating with your child’s teacher(s) in order to establish a healthy and successful relationship
Maintain open communication to ensure a successful partnership throughout the year
Commit to increasing your parental engagement and involvement for the 2021-2022 school year, especially with students advancing to the next grade level
We will continue our mission to Be Kind, Be Helpful, and to Be Caring at Violet ES. Please continue to remind students about ways that they can display these characteristics in and out of school. We will also continue to celebrate students in many ways, such as birthday shoutouts, Student of the Month, Super Violet Award, etc. We can never celebrate enough when it comes to our students.
"Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome." -Unknown
Parent Guides for Student Success
We want to share this guide with parents so you can have an overview of some of the key things your child will learn in each grade level for English/Literacy and Math.
The Counselor's Corner
Weekend Food ProgramWe want to let you know about a weekend food program that is offered by H.O.P.E. Ministry of Violet Baptist Church.
- Food is provided per student for 3 meals Saturday & Sunday.
- Bag of food is dropped off at your student's school office weekly on Fridays
- Food is from Mid Ohio Food Bank.
- Follows school calendar and inclement weather schedule, no delivery if Friday is off or on break.
- Be on the lookout! In just a few days we will start our fall fundraiser: Mumkins & Mumsters! Decorate your porch this year while helping us fundraise for the wonderful programs the PTO sponsors for students, staff, and school! Our sale starts on Tuesday, September 7th. You will receive an email from "Fundraiseit.org" that will include a link to our Mumkin sale. Order your mums online this year and then pick them up at the school without leaving your car! (approximate pick up date is September 29) Check out this video to find out more about our Mumkin Sale.
- Please come join the Violet PTO for the first meeting of the school year! The meeting will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 8th at 5:45pm in Meeting Room A at the Pickerington Public Library Main. If you have a student at Violet, you are a member of the PTO and are welcome to attend! We encourage everyone to attend to learn more about the PTO and the events we have planned for the year.
- Coming up the week of October 4th-8th will be the Fall Book Fair. More information to follow.
PLSD Needs You!
PLSD has a critical need for substitute paraprofessionals, health care assistants, duty aides, custodians, and food service employees! Do you love working with kids? Do you need a job that will work around your schedule? If so, please apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/pickerington/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Substitute+Positions&fbclid=IwAR0WbQ0l5J_O4KbMRDbQsHphmBptPL5rS5W1pC_yQp8u_QpXTSgLZClEUgE
Big Brothers Big Sisters Event
Big Brothers Big Sisters has set up a Pickerington Bowl for Kids’ Sake event for September 18th and 19th. They are looking for teacher/school teams to fill the lanes. BBBS has a traveling trophy for the school that brings the most teams and one for the person that raises the most money. The Team Packet is attached. All money raised will support the school-based program in Pickerington. There is also a website for teams to sign up and raise money. They can even raise money on their social media if they are not going to bowl as well as a place for virtual bowlers to just raise funds. If you have any questions, please contact Jolyn Pugh.
September 6 No School, Labor Day
September 29 Picture Day
October 6 Virtual Learning Day (students not in person), Professional Development
October 7 Evening Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:45-8:15
October 11 No School Kindergarten Only (conference day)
October 12 No School K-8, Parent/Teacher Conferences 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
October 15 End of the First Grading Period