Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of October 26th-30th
WISD TECHNOLOGY SURVEY FOR PARENTS
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Tuesday, Oct. 27 –- Tison Football vs. Granbury @ 5 PM (HOME - 7th / AWAY - 8th)
Friday, Oct. 30 –- SICKLE Day (all day) / PEP RALLY
SICKLE DAY INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
We need your help at Tison Middle School!
We still need Concession Stand Workers at all home athletic events. Please use the following links to sign up and help out!
Boys' Basketball: http://vols.pt/3eA6SH
Girls' Basketball: (coming soon)
Also, if you have interest in serving on the PTA Board at Tison, please contact Lisa Edmunds, Assistant Principal @ email@example.com or 817-598-2960.
2ND ANNUAL TISON "ROO DONE IT" (MURDER MYSTERY SHOW)
Thursday, Nov. 5th, 6:30pm
The 2nd annual "Roo Done it" -- titled Murder at the Pie Auction will be performed by the Tison Theatre Arts Production class on Thursday, November 5th at 6:30 PM in the Tison cafetorium
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Joseph Bryan (8th grader)
Joseph completed a student version of the questionnaire - "20 Questions in 60 Seconds". Below are his answers:
1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
2. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names?
3. If you could have the perfect birthday party, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite kind of candy?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
8. What do you want to be when you get older? Why?
Baseball Player because i love baseball.
9. What is one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?
10. What is your favorite thing to study at school?
11. What do you like to do for fun?
12. Do you prefer to spend your time inside or outside?
13. What do you like to do as soon as you get home from school?
14. What is your favorite TV show? Why?
Big Bang Theory because it's funny
15. What is your favorite movie? Why?
16. What is the best toy that you ever had?
17. What is your favorite restaurant?
18. Who has the best kids' meal toys right now?
19. What is your favorite book?
20. What is your favorite video game?
STAFF SPOTLIGHT: 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Joanna Smithie -- PIC Aide
Joanna is new to Tison this year so this is a great chance to get to know her better! She had 60 seconds to answer 20 questions. Check out the questions she was able to answer.
1. What three traits define you?
honest, caring, compassionate
2. What is your personal philosophy?
3. What's one thing you couldn't live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
6. What is your greatest fear?
spiders and snakes
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
9. Where is the best place you've traveled to and why?
Hawaii, I love the beach
10. What's the weirdest job you've ever had?
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
12. Which one would you want most -- flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
robot housekeepers only if they do the laundry
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
14. What would you do (for a career) if you weren't doing this?
Own a dance fitness studio
15. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
16. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
17. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
"whatever" "I'm fine"
18. How do you define success?
Accomplishing the goals you set for yourself
19. What is the best book you have ever read?
20. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I enjoy lifting weights and working out
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)