What math concepts are included?
- Line segments
- Concept of symmetry
- Clock works
- Percentages on a pie chart
What grade level is this app appropriate for?
This app can be used for Kindergarten through Sixth grade. Depending on how complex you make it, different topics can be addressed that are available for all ages. The set up of this app is easy enough for kindergarteners to maneuver, but the complexity of the different topics can serve as a tool for middle school students.
What are the pros and cons of the app?
- User friendly
- Variety of math topics
- Downloaded on multiple devices
- No built in learning content
- Not all content gets covered
What DOK levels are addressed?
· DOK 1: Use appropriate tools, measure, follow a set procedure, preform a clearly defined series of steps
· DOK 2: Apply basic skill/concept, make observations, two or more steps, demonstrate conceptual knowledge through models and explanations
· DOK 3: Freedom to make choices, explain your thinking, conjecture, plan, abstract, draw conclusions from observations
What higher level questions could be included in a classroom setting?
- I have an area of 12 how many shapes can you find with that same perimeter?
- Build a shape with an area of 12 and find other shapes with that area but different perimeter.
- What happens if I add 3 feet on the length? What happens to the area and perimeter?