Ram Nation News
Week of November 13, 2017
I know that we have many wonderful things for which to be thankful.
- I am grateful for the dedicated staff that our children have here at Rusk; the support you provide to each one of our scholars continues to make a positive impact in each one of them believing, achieving, and succeeding.
- I am grateful to be a part of this remarkable school filled with hard-working staff striving to provide quality learning and a safe environment for our Rusk Rams.
The last few weeks have been busy ensuring academic readiness for our students and we continue to witness great things taking place at Rusk. We are seeing an improvement in effective staff/teacher collaboration, more PD attendance and implementation of this learning, and there is evidence of a strong culture and climate among other things. I am very proud of your work and the dedication you exemplify.
This week's planning review by the leadership team will focus on reviewing the alignment of the LO and DOL, we will look at the actual DOL, and the level of rigor as compared to the STAAR. In classroom visits, we will be looking for teachers implementing aggressively monitoring and using "show call" during instruction.
- Ms. Galvan and Ms. Miranda for their support and diligence as they had to submit technology requests for purchases. We look forward to seeing these new equipment on campus.
- Mr. James for his support and dedication as he led detention last week. We will continue to support teachers/staff with assigning detention to students who are not complying with our rules and expectations. Continue to communicate our expectations to students and parents so that we can all be on the same page.
- Mr. Thornton, Coach Dixon, Ms. Addison, and Ms. Buitron for their leadership and support as our students began the basketball season. We need to instill in our students the winning mentality in everything that they do. Shout out to Ms. Akin and Ms. Perez for supporting our students by attending the games.
- Mr. Kelly and Coach Crawford for their dedication and support to our students as they are in the middle of the soccer season.
- Ms. Brown, Ms. Molla, and Ms. Wells for their dedication and passion for learning as they engaged and collaborated with other RLA teachers during the writing academy II this past weekend.
along with the 6th grade RLA team had a strong start of the Read 180 program. Ms. Healey Tweeted about her experience in Mr. King's room.
implements aggressively monitoring of her students as they engage in the learning and practicing of skills. Look forward to seeing more of this great practice being implemented!
provides opportunities for students to engage in projects in her classroom. As students learned about Newton's Laws of Motion, students experiment with cars and ramps. This is a great way to provide relevance to students' learning.
under the leadership of Mr. Johnson and Ms. Iberosi, our students represented very well and placed Top 20. Our students continue to shine and have fun as they participate in these events.
continues to sharpen their saw as they were eager to see practices being implemented at Edison MS. We were able to see how aggressively monitoring support teachers in increasing the intellectual engagement of students.
Our students, under the mentoring and leadership of Mr. Thornton, dressed up during game day. Our students showed their professionalism and pride in school.
- 10:15 - 11:15 Coffee with the Principal - Library
- Secondary Campuses continue technology inventory. See more details below
- Planning Meeting with CIC/AP - 6th Grade (Math, SS, Science), and 7th / 8th Grade RLA
- 4:40 Attendance for Credit Meeting - Ms. Woods in Room 103
- 4:40 Department Chair Meeting - Ms. Davis in Room 403
- 4:40 Faculty Meeting - Ms. Guerra in Library
Tuesday, November 14-
- Progress Monitoring Rosters Due - Turn in rosters with interventions to Mr. Cordoba
- Planning Meeting with CIC/AP - 7th Grade (Math, SS, Science), and 6th Grade RLA
- 4:25 p.m - All Departments and Grade Levels Planning Session
Wednesday, November 15-
- Deadline to submit registration for Oncor's Mayor Race- Free for staff and students.
- Planning Meeting with CIC/AP - 8th Grade (Math, SS, Science), and 7th / 8th Grade RLA
- 4:25 p.m - All Departments and Grade Levels Planning Session
Thursday, November 16
- Thanksgiving Feast during lunches - Office Staff and Ms. Brown. See sign up sheet in main office.
- 4:25 p.m - All Departments and Grade Levels Planning Session - Please, let Mr. Cordoba know if you will participate of this session to get extra duty pay.
- 5:00 Lesson Plans Due
- 6:00 p.m. Soccer Game Vs Walker At Loos Stadium
Friday, November 17-
- Annual Policy Acknowledgement Due
Saturday, November 18 -
- Robotics Competition - Ms. Safford.
- 9:00 a.m. Soccer Game Vs Franklin At Forrester- Mr. Kelly and Coach Crawford
Monday, November 20 - Wednesday, November 22
- Thanksgiving Camp - Ms. Rocha, Ms. Brown, Mr. Proctor, Mr. Patel, Ms. Perez (2 days). Anyone else interested please let Mr. Cordoba know.
Friday, December 8
- Winter Dance - Cheerleaders Fundraiser event. More information forthcoming.
Saturday, December 9
- Mayor Race - Let's join in and have a great race. Free for staff members and students.
Thursday, December 14
- 5:00 - 8:00 Christmas Party. Based on feedback received from grade levels .
ACP Testing Dates
- December 18th is a full day. AM will be testing session and PM will be SEL/Celebration session.
- December 19th – 21st - half days. AM will be testing sessions
TipWeb - IT - Technology Inventory
- Secondary Campuses begin technology inventory.
- All Staff Members on campus will receive an email asking to complete the inventory. It will have a note similar to this "Complete Room Inventory Audit for _______" This e-mail will state the Staff Member’s name and the instruction that they have been assigned to inventory their assigned (issued) items.
- To inventory items assigned to you, you only need to enter the asset tag on each item in the Enter Tag Number box.
- The items prelisted on the Staff screen are those showing in TIPWeb-IT as assigned to you. Do not base your inventory on that list.
- All technology items in your possession must be inventoried.
Should you have any questions or support, please see Ms. Saucedo in the main office.
Discount tickets available to STARS games November to March
Hockey fans can enjoy STARS games November through March at prices up to 33 percent off. To access the offer, visit DallasSTARS.com and use the password DISD. For information, contact Ashley Castillo at (214) 387-5635 or firstname.lastname@example.org.