By: Nazeviah Burris
There was a man by the name of Tang who was the founder of Shang. What if u where floating across a ocean and saw the founder of Shang what would u say to him? They live in a large town called Shanxxi province located in china. Here's a little bit of history about Shang. ENJOY!!!
- The shang worshiped one GOD his name was Shang Ti.
- The shang people believed that if there dead ancestors were happy then good things would happen.
- They were religion was the polytheistic religion.
- They made many sacrifices as well they sacrificed animals, food, drink, and jewelry.
- They even had ceremonies to worship their GOD Shang Ti.
- Their polytheistic religion was started by their first ruler Tang in 1600 B.C.E to 1646 B.C.E.
Here's a picture of Tang he was the founder of Shang.
ARTS AND CRAFTS OF THE SHANG DYNASTY
- Shang created the first bronze items they were very valuable.
- They also made jade weapons and jade jewelry.
- They also carved their writings into oracle bones they too made predictions with those oracle bones .
- They made many weapons such as knives, guns , swords and many more all of these weapons were either made out of jade or bronze bronze was really valuable at this time.
- The shang also made things out of animal skin like jackets, gloves, and robes.
- The shang created music too they used bones, wood, bronze, and sometimes even pottery.
- They were very successful in farming too.
- They farmed millet, wheat, rice, and barley crops.
- They also domesticated animals also.
- They domesticated animals like pigs, dogs, sheep, oxen, and silk worms.
- They also moved their capitols many times.
- Last but not least they were also successful in creating capitols.
Here's a picture of Shang's fantastic bronze work.
Here's the picture of the first weapon to be made out of jade. The Shang dynasty is still known for this.