Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
December 7-11, 2015
- "Hour of Code" is this week! What is Hour of Code? The Hour of Code is a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify code and show that anybody can learn the basics.Why computer science? Every student should have the opportunity to learn computer science. It helps nurture problem-solving skills, logic and creativity. By starting early, students will have a foundation for success in any 21st-century career path. As of today, there are 172, 342 Hour of Code events scheduled AROUND THE WORLD! Our students will be challenging themselves to see how many lines of code they can write in an hour. Free coding resources are available on our website, the kids love coding!
- Blog post & 2 comments are due by: Wed., Dec. 9th.
I am in need of helpers that are good with a pair of scissors. We need to cut out 22 felt pieces for a sewing project that the kids will be doing. If you’re available to help cut on Wednesday, December 9th from 8:40-9:20 (and have a good pair of fabric scissors) please let me know via email or a note in your child's planner. Thanks!
- We are also in need of help for the sewing project (no experience needed). Most help will be in threading needles and untangling thread. Please join us on Monday, Dec. 14th from 10:30-11:30 and/or Wednesday, Dec. 16th . Please send me a note in your child's planner if you're available to help. Thanks!
- Our class Winter Holiday Party will be held on Friday, Dec. 18th from 1:15-2:15. If you would like to help with or donate to the party, please contact Beverly Bennert @ email@example.com or 313-330-2752. Thanks!
- Spelling test on Fri., 12/11.
- Things to ask your child about: Hour of Code, #Genius Hour projects, holiday card exchange, Mystery Skype.
- I appreciate our parents continuing to sign the planners nightly.
- Remember...together we’re better!