East News Flash
August 31, 2018
This East News Flash includes the following information:
- School Picture Retakes
- Student Expectations at Extracurricular Events
- PISD Stadium Rules
- School Publications Opt Out
- Golden Girls Dance Clinic
- Cotton Bowl Stadium Prep Showcase
- Williams High School Fall Festival
Picture retakes have been moved up. We will now have our retakes for seniors, juniors through freshman, and staff on Monday, September 17th. Students will be sent down during their history classes if they need to have a picture taken. Pictures will be taken in the gym. Any student that does not have a history class will need to go before school or during lunch to have their picture taken. If you have any questions please see your sub school.
Student Expectations at Extracurricular Events- Students this is a reminder as you start to attend extracurricular events that the student code of conduct still applies when attending events after hours and at other PISD sites. Any violation of the student code of conduct will be handled just as if it were a regular school day. This includes events at other schools or district sites as well. Some violations could jeopardize your status as a student here at Plano East. Please also remember that we expect everyone to have a good time at these events; however, we are going to cheer for our team and not heckle the other team or referees. We need to lead by example and win with class! If you have any questions, please see an administrator.
PISD Stadium Rules:
- Spectators may not enter the stadium with backpacks or duffle bags. Staff and security personnel, at their sole discretion, may determine what constitutes a prohibited backpack or duffle bag.
- Bags, purses and packages carried by spectators will be opened and inspected by security personnel or staff prior to entry into the stadium.
- Alcoholic beverages, outside food or drink items, tobacco products and weapons are prohibited.
- Spectators are prohibited from bringing footballs or other balls into the stadium.
- Persons in possession of prohibited items or who refuse inspection of bags and/or packages will not be permitted to enter the stadium. Persons who violate these stadium rules may be ejected without refund.
- Body painting, other than on the face area, is not allowed.
- Masks and other face coverings are prohibited.
- All signs must be positive, appropriate, promote the participants and not be unduly distracting or block the view of others.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
- Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
- Powder or throwing of powder is prohibited.
School Publications Opt Out- The Plano East journalism staff would like to include your child in the school’s student publications. If you would not like to have your child pictured in the school yearbook, news magazine, online news or journalism social media, please opt out by sending an email to email@example.com stating that your student cannot be published in the school yearbook, news magazine, news website or related social media. A response is needed by Friday, August 31. If you do not respond, we will leave your student’s name on the list to be published. If you have any questions, please contact Abby Cole at 469-752-9033.
Golden Girls Dance Clinic
The Cotton Bowl Stadium Prep Showcase will take place on Sept. 7 & 8- Eight of the top Dallas-area 6-A football programs will play in the Cotton Bowl Stadium Prep Showcase, with six of the eight having been playoff teams in 2017. Some of the state's top recruits will be showcased, including TCU commit Donavann Collins and Oklahoma State commit Xavier Ross of Cedar Hill and Notre Dame commit Hunter Spears of Sachse. Tickets will be available at each participating school and on game day at Cotton Bowl Stadium. Presale ticket prices at each school will be $6.00 for students and $8.00 for adults. Day of game tickets bought at the Cotton Bowl will be $10.00 each for all ages. For more information, please visit www.cbsprepshowcase.com. Plano East will be playing at 10 AM on Saturday Sept 8th.
Williams High School Fall Festival
JOIN PTSA- Parents and students are asked to join PTSA. Senior student members will be eligible for PTSA Senior scholarships. Membership is $10 for students and $18 for parents. You can join online at http://www.planoeastptsa.org/.
Booster Club News
Membership Drive - Join our IB Booster Club AT ANY LEVEL by August 31st and get a chance to win a $25 gift card! Register online at planoeastib.org or print the attached form and turn it in to the office with payment to "IB Booster Club." Support the Booster Club that supports you! #scholarships #socials #IBspirit #programs #seniorstoleceremony
4th Annual IB Tailgate Party, Fri, Aug 31 - IB World School students, families, and staff, join us as we cheer on the PESH Panthers at the first home game of the season! See our website planoeastib.org for details and how to get your tickets to this fun pregame event. (FB game tickets are sold separately.) HURRY! Tailgate registration ends Wed, August 29th!
Practice Test Information: