ALL STUDENTS WILL BE EXPECTED TO LOGIN TO CLASS TEAMS FOR EACH CLASS DURING REMOTE LEARNING!!
Tuesday, November 10th is ALSO a T1 day and the start of 2nd Quarter.
T2 students will not attend school until Wednesday, November 11th.
Students are able to view their 2nd Quarter schedules in PowerSchool.
MASKS AND SOCIALLY DISTANCING REQUIRED
We appreciate everyone's help in keeping our students and staff safe!
Synchronous Learning Expectations
- On remote learning days, students will be expected to login to each Class Team following the daily schedule.
- At a minimum, teachers will be meeting with all students through a Teams meeting at the start of class and towards the end of class for a check-in.
- Students will be given further instructions from their teachers on the daily expectations of their learning.
- Teachers will be taking attendance during the first 45 minutes of these meetings.
Below is the class schedule students will be expected to follow for both in-person and remote learning days.
On October 27th, The WASD Board of Trustees voted to add a remote learning day for all students on Mondays each week.
This change will allow for much-needed collaboration and prep time for our teaching staff.
This change will also allow for consistent in-person and remote learning days for students every week.
- T1 students will be in-person on every Tuesday and Thursday; they will be learning remotely every Wednesday and Friday.
- T2 students will be in-person on every Wednesday and Friday; they will be learning remotely every Tuesday and Thursday.
The first all REMOTE MONDAY will occur on Monday, November 16th. We will no longer be having Late Start Wednesdays with this new schedule.
Click here to view the updated alternating day schedule.
Remote Mondays: Schedule
- Morning remote learning activities will be posted by 7:30 am.
- Teacher collaboration: 7:30 - 8:30 am
- Teacher prep time and student check-ins during asynchronous learning: 8:30 - 11:00 am. (Teachers will communicate when and how they are available to answer questions prior to classes in the afternoon.)
- Students will work asynchronously from 8:30-11:00 am.
- Break for lunch: 11:00-11:30 am.
- Synchronous Learning: 11:30 - 2:47 pm.
It is also advised to communicate with your student's academic assistant principal if your student will be absent for several days in a row. Due to the fast pace of our quarter-system, we need consistent/up-dated communication in order to best help our students stay on track in their classes.
Brooke Roy: students with the last name of A-L
Melissa Knueven: students with the last name of M-Z