The Black Shadow
Garrett Edson Editor-in-Chief
Behind the door
The muckrakers would go and see if everything was up to code and if it wasn't your business or housing development could get shut down or they could just give you a big fine. Some reasons they would do them things would be if they didn't have indoor plumbing or if they didn't have lights.
- Gilded age "For sale" The light bulb is a new invitation the light bulb is like a candle but instead of using a mach it uses a electricity to power it and light your house. The light bulb goes for about $1 each.
- Gilded age "Wanted" The new Ford model T. The new Ford is like a horse but faster and can get you to point A to point B faster then any horse these cars are pretty cheap so about everyone that has money can afford them. These cars go for about $825
- Progressive "Services" Some services that people would do is they would work at like a gas station and fill up your car with gas and air up your tiers and it cost how ever much gas was and if you wanted to tip the guys doing it.
- WW1 "Wanted" The Military wanted machine guns they could shoot faster than any other rifle it took a few more men to use but it would do more then one man with a semiautomatic rifle or a bolt action rifle.
- WW1 "Services" Some services during this time could have been children and women working in factories building guns and ammo and planes.
- Roaring 20s "For sale" Things for sale during the roaring 20s were radios, vacuums and cars these things were very popular in the 20s people like these very fun things other than the vacuum.
The Great War
Germany takes over Belgium where the french come in and try to stop the Germans from going into France but the french are not doing so well. The French use old war tactics that just don't work with the modern weapons that Germany uses. Some weapons that Germany would use were machine guns that could kill hundreds in minutes. Another weapon there using is poison gas that will make a man cry this stuff would eat at the human body.
The Roaring 20s
In the 1920s some new things were the ford model T this ford was very successful not because it was like one of the only cars but because it was pretty cheap and allot of people could afford it. There was the invitation of the motion picture and one of the first animated films from Disney steam boat Willie.
The Big Bad Babe
Babe Ruth was born February 6, 1895 in Baltimore MD. He died on August 16,1948 in New York, NY. In his rookie year of baseball he Exceeded rookie limits during 1915 season. He played baseball for Yankees, RedSox and Braves 1914-1935. Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs in his whole career of baseball. He went to high school at
St. Mary's HS (Baltimore, MD).
Most of Kansas was sold to the US by France as part of the Louisiana Purchase of 1803. The southwest corner was gained after the Mexican War. Lewis and Clark looked at the country along the Missouri River in 1804, and expeditions under the command of Zebulon Pike in 1806 and Stephen Long in 1819 traveled the land from east to west. Pike and Long were not impressed with the territory's dry soil, the latter calling the area "unfit for civilization, and of course uninhabitable by people depending on agriculture. Latter on they found that something that was good to grow there was weat.
When explorers came across the Mississippi and came into Iowa they thought it was the worst place to do anything with because it was all prairie grass and there were little to no trees so they thought it wasn't any good but little did they know that it has some of the best soil to grow grains like corn and other agricultural products and it has an abutment amount of deer.
Vermont has things that people don't think about like how much granite they supply to to the rest of the united states. People think New Hampshire is the leading producer of granite and that's because its called the granite state. But it does not matter what its nickname is. Vermont is the leading producer in granite and it supplies Arlington national cemetery with most of its granite