The Pine Run Post
PINE RUN'S NEWSLETTER
September 10, 2021
Happy Patriot's Day
The Best Part Of My Week Is Seeing What These Owls Can Do!
Sixth Grade Ropes Course
This Week's SOAR Winners
Kindergarten - Chloe C. from Mrs.Carps AM class
First Grade - Grayson S. from Mrs. Passio's class
Second Grade Jackson F. from Mrs. Godwin's class
Third Grade - Dylan D. from Mrs.Kosc's class
Fourth Grade - Ryan D. from Mrs. Plack's class
Fifth Grade -AJ D. from Mrs. Strader's class
Sixth Grade - Katharine M. from Mrs McManus's class
We are ONE , one school, one community, one team!
"How do I make a difference? It seems like a tall order for one so small. But beautiful things start with just ONE."
All students, staff members, and visitors are required to wear face coverings while inside our school building and on school buses. This was a result of the Order of the Acting Secretary and the new Health and Safety Plan, which was approved by the CBSD Board of Education on August 31, 2021.
Individuals, including students, staff, parents, and all visitors, who wish to request a mask exception must carefully review and submit the Central Bucks School District’s face covering exemption form. NO other form will be accepted for reason of exemption from the face-covering order. Please send the signed hard copy form to school with your child if they will not be wearing a mask.
I encourage all families to have a conversation with their child around the topic of face coverings. Each child should understand proper mask-wearing behaviors, as well as your family's personal expectations. My hope is that it will ensure students are following the directive of their parents while also following the procedures and guidelines put in place for all.
Please know teachers and staff will provide gentle reminders, to those students wearing masks, to keep them fitted correctly, covering the mouth and nose and not under their chin.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we move forward.
Picture Day is October 12th. Order forms will come home on September 24th.
Please see the note below from C&C Photo Studios.
There is a misprint on the picture day order forms and was hoping to have an email blast sent to parents.
Package E - Build your own package is listed as $22.00 and $23.00. The actual cost for package E is $22.00.
We apologize for any confusion.
Arrival and Dismissal
- Car riders will be called first, parents should have their child's name clearly displayed on a piece of paper, visible to our staff
- All students traveling by car should be picked up in the car line, please do not park at the church. Students will not be permitted to walk across the property and enter a vehicle in the church parking lot.
- Walkers will be called second, please do not park and cross the driveway. There is a great deal of traffic including busses, cars, and child care vans.
- Buses are loaded one at a time and this has taken longer than normal, once we get into a routine this will move more quickly
New Pine Run Gear!
To celebrate this monumental occasion we have created a new throwback T-shirt.
Use this link, PR GEAR.pdf (cbsd.org), to view the design and download a copy of the order form. Send your form into school with cash or a check made out to Pine Run HSA in an envelope marked: Gear C/O Jacob/3K, Please place your order by September 17th.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support a charity of your choice every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping App for iOS and Android phones. AmazonSmile will be listed in the Settings menu; from there, you can follow onboarding instructions to activate the program on your device.
When you select your charity, please consider supporting Pine Run - we are Pine Run PTO Inc
New Attendance Reporting Procedures
Please Read Carefully
The Central Bucks School District will be changing the way in which absences are reported, beginning with the start of this upcoming school year on August 30, 2021. The following items are some key points to be aware of.
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by School Attendance Staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the Parent Portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
- Parents and guardians can also still call the school to report an absence, but emails will no longer be accepted.
In addition, when a student is absent from school, but the school did not receive communication from the parent or guardian, the following communication will be sent:
- A text message will be sent midmorning notifying the parent or guardian of the absence
- An email will also be sent at the end of the school day reminding the parent or guardian that the student was marked absent.
Information regarding how to use the Parent Portal to report an absence can be found here.
If you have specific questions please reach out to Mrs. Lofaso at email@example.com
CB Barclay Farmers Market
CB Farmers Market at Barclay Reopens on Wednesday, September 8th at 4:30
Any Central Bucks family who may need a little extra food assistance is welcome to join us on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of every month at Barclay Elementary School. Our drive-up food distributions run from 4:30 to 5:30 PM. We generally have free dry goods, fresh produce, milk, eggs, and bread, and often have some frozen meat and poultry. At each event, we pass out an average of 12,000-15,000 pounds of food.
The CB Farmers Market started in 2019 as a monthly market that distributed free produce. At the start of the pandemic, we recognized a significant need in our community, with many families needing food assistance for the first time in their lives. As our operations grew, so did our network of amazing individuals and community organizations—all of whom are committed to addressing food insecurity in the Central Bucks School District. By our estimates, 1,500 CB children may experience temporary or chronic food insecurity—a statistic which should not exist in a community with our resources. Our completely volunteer-run and managed organization was founded on two beliefs: 1) During times of need, which we all experience in one form or another, we should be able to count on the compassion and support of our neighbors; and 2) Our community’s collective commitment to our children is a bond much stronger than all of the other forces that might otherwise divide us.
We hope to see many families at our food distribution on September 8th at 4:30. No advanced sign-up is necessary. We kindly ask that you do not line up before 4:30, and that you do not block our neighbors’ driveways. They are very understanding and supportive of our work, but also need to come and go during our events. This month, with the support of many generous donors, we’ll also have a large stock of free school supplies. If you have any questions about the market, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
It's Time to Update those Emergency Forms!
A note from our Health Office
I would like to welcome you back to another school year. Please take a few moments to review some important information listed below:
· Immunizations- All students must be compliant with all immunizations by the 5th day of school or the student will be excluded from school beginning Sept. 9, 2021. You can view your child’s immunizations on the parent portal.
· Physical and dental exams—
The State of Pennsylvania requires students in certain grades to have health exams.
- Students entering Grade 3--Dental Exam
- Students entering Grade 6-- Physical Exam
- Students entering Kindergarten and all students new to the district-- Dental and
The dental and physical forms can be found at http://www.cbsd.org/Page/904 .
The completed health forms are due no later than October 15, 2021. You can scan and
Email me the completed form or send the form to school with your child. Please keep a
copy of the health form for your records.
· Emergency contact information— Complete the emergency form online on the parent portal. Please be sure all information is current. Inform the school office of any changes in phone numbers (home, work, cell) so we can contact you if your child becomes ill or injured while at school.
· Medication: All medication to be administered to students, whether prescription or over-the-counter, must be kept in the health office. Medication must be sent to school in the original labeled container and must be accompanied by a Medication Dispensing Form signed by the physician (or dentist) and the parent. The medication dispensing form can be found at http://www.cbsd.org/Page/904
· Change in health status: Please notify the nurse if your child has a change in their health status during the school year (surgeries, fractures, and sprains, along with any family or emotional issues that arise). The more information we have concerning your child, the more we can adequately attend to their needs during the school day.
· Food allergies—Please alert the school nurse and your child’s teacher if your child has any food allergies. Food is often part of classroom activities, and it is important for the teachers to be aware of any concerns.
· Contagious illnesses: If your child develops any contagious illness (strep throat, pink eye, lice, fifth disease, chicken pox etc), please notify the nurse’s office. A temperature of 100.4F or greater is a fever and your child will be sent home from school. Children should be fever free for 24 hours (without Tylenol or Ibuprofen) before they return to school. If your child is sent home sick from school with a fever, vomiting or diarrhea, they are not permitted to return to school the next day.
· Please encourage your children to get plenty of rest and to eat a good breakfast before coming to school each day. Well rested and well-fed children will be ready and eager to learn.
Kathleen C. Budniewski R.N., N.D., CSN
Certified School Nurse,
CB Community Presentation
2021-2022 Breakfast and Lunch at Pine Run
The Food and Nutrition Service extended the program that will provide free meals for all students, regardless of income, for the 2021-22 school year.
Students are entitled to one complete reimbursable breakfast per day and one complete reimbursable lunch per day. Any second entrée will be charged to the students’ lunch account.
We encourage all families to put money on their student's account through MySchoolBucks.com as there will be no cash transactions this year in an effort to serve the students as safely and swiftly as possible.
All menus are available to be viewed online up to 2 weeks in advance by visiting cbsd.nutrislice.com.
For information on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program: Click here to access the application and other important information regarding this program.
August & September Lunch Menu
CHIP - Pennsylvania's Children's Health Insurance Program
Young Rembrandts at Pine Run
Before and After Care for 2021-2022 School Year
2021-2022 Before and After School Program Registration Opens the End of June!
Visit CBSD Childcare Program site for more information!
@CBPineRunElem - Click on the button above to follow us on Twitter. Don't miss out on all the great happenings at Pine Run