Mountain View Elementary School
School Dismisses at 1:00 pm March 27th - March 31st
Save the Date: M.V. Talent Show on May 31st
Important! Dismissal Procedures
In effort to keep Mountain View students safe, we would like to communicate our dismissal procedures with a list of Do’s and Don’ts.
- PreK- 3rd – Please pick up students from an assigned location. Please park on the street or at Claremont Presbyterian Church
- 4th, 5th, and 6th grades: may be picked up from the car pick-up lane or on foot.
- Obey crossing guard directions.
- Follow the directional arrows.
- Drive slowly and carefully, watching out for children and pedestrians
- Walk to and from campus using only sidewalks and crosswalk
- Dispose of trash in the trash can.
- Supervise and monitor your children at all times.
- Keep voices at a low level as classrooms are still learning until 2:40 p.m.
- If you are picking up on foot, please wait on the grass area to pick up all students.
- Please ask any older siblings picking up students to quietly wait on the grass area.
- Do not drive through the crosswalk with crossing guards in it.
- Please do not ask students to walk across the parking lot to enter a vehicle.
- Do not walk through or across the Mountain View parking lot. Please use the sidewalk
- Do not park in the red zone
- Do not park in the middle of the street and exit the vehicle
- Do not make illegal U-turns in the street. It is not safe.
- Do not bring animals to campus. Now that it is starting to warm up, we are seeing an increase of dogs on campus. Please do not bring pets to school. Thank you.
- Do not park in staff parking lot
Thank you so much in advance for your support!
Mountain View Elementary School
March is Women's History Month
Click on the link for some resources.
Staff Shout Outs!
Is there a teacher or staff member you would like to recognize or praise? Please use this form to shout out the good things you see (or hear from your child) happening at Mountain View Elementary School! Thank you for helping us support all those who contribute to our awesome learning community!
Mustang Spirit Wear
Juice it Up School Fundraiser!
Revised: PFA Meeting
Wednesday, March 29th, 3pm
851 Santa Clara Avenue West
School Site Council Meeting
Thursday, April 20th, 3pm
This is an online event.
FREE ONLINE TUTORING - 7 DAYS A WEEK!
Need extra support in a specific content area or with homework? Check out this opportunity for FREE Online Support!
Here are the steps:
(From the students Ipad) www.brainfuse.com or
(non CUSD students Ipad)
Click on HelpNow-Online tutoring- Brainfuse
Under Expert help: Click on Live Tutoring
Select your Grade
Select your Subject you need support in
Step 3: Click GET LIVE HELP or Chose availability if you want to schedule one.
Students get immediate support, or they can schedule it for later.
Help PFA Celebrate the Mountain View Staff- Check Out Schedule Below
COVID Protocols and Free Tests
In our efforts to keep students safe, we are continuing to provide all students with free COVID tests. Stop by one of our front offices to pick up a test kit, as needed, between the hours of 8-3:00pm. Any students who tests positive should stay home and contact the office to inform them that your student is positive. The school health staff will provide you with additional information.
Who performs the tests? - The tests are completed at home by parents or caregiver.
What do I do if I test positive?- Isolate at Home Until:
1. At least 5 days after your symptoms started
AND 2. You have a negative rapid antigen COVID test collected on day 5 or later
AND 3. You have not had a fever for at least 24 hours
AND 4. And your symptoms improving.
You can return on Day 6 or later when all 4 requirements above are met. OR- Stay home through 10 days after symptoms started AND You have not had a fever for at least 24 hours AND Your symptoms are improving. A negative test is not required to return on Day 11
State College Savings Account for Low-Income Students
Please see the attached letter from the California Department of Education and the California State Treasurer regarding State college savings accounts for low-income students. Eligible public school students can receive up to $1,500! Click on the attachment below for more details and take a look at a sneak peak of what may be available to your student.
We Need Your Help: Crossing Guards Needed
Mountain View PFA Board
President-Mirna Bravo Contact: email@example.com
Vice President of General/Fundraising-Georgina Santos Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President of Communications Salome Xetey Contact: email@example.com
Treasurer-Brian Gaeta-Symonds- Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary- Stefany Mezones Contact:email@example.com
- Masking continues to be a strong recommendation
- We will continue to observe and enforce all safety protocols under the current guidance from the CDPH and Los Angeles Department of Public Health (LADPH).
- Surface cleaning and sanitizing will continue to be a focus of our school staff to help mitigate the spread of any potential virus.
- Air purifiers with HEPA filtration have been added to each classroom and common area, as well as higher-rated filters on our heating and air conditioning units.
COVID 19 Flow Chart for Students
School Device Coverage
School Lunch Menu
CUSD has a mental health website full of resources for you and your family. Please take a moment to check out the depth of supports available on this site.