Gunn JH Library
Welcome to the Gunn Jr. High Library! We provide red-hot reads, great graphic novels, bodacious biographies, excellent information, copious computer access, and all around awesomeness to the Gunn Jr. High faculty and staff. Please make use of our services and resources! The library is open Monday through Friday from 8:30-4:10. I am usually available for collaboration during your conference period or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- View our catalog at http://destiny.aisd.net. Click on Gunn Junior High. Login using the letter "E" plus your employee number as both your username and your password. Teachers can check out ebooks, make resource lists, place items on hold, search other libraries, share lists with me, and check your library account.
- Professional books are available in the library. Professional ebooks are available through the District Professional library. Go to http://destiny.aisd.net, click on District Professional Library, and log in the same way you log in to our catalog.
- Teachers and staff may check out as many books and resources as needed.
- Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help with any of this.
Using the Library
- Teachers may reserve the library online at http://destiny.aisd.net/ under the "TEACHER" tab on the Home page of the library website. Please let me know what your students will be working on so that the librarian can have everything ready for you.
- Teachers may send 1-3 students at a time with a pass from class. Students sent without a pass will be sent back. Students must have a clearly defined task.
- Students may also come to the library before or after school.
- Student may come to the library during plus period, but must have a pass from the librarian.
- Students may check out two books at a time.
- Books are due after three weeks.
- Students may re-check out one time per book.
- Students may NOT check out books if they owe more than $5.00 in fines, have overdue or lost books, books checked out from another school, or too many books checked out already.
- Gather library resources upon request.
- Assemble electronic resources (LiveBinders, Sqworl, etc.) upon request.
- Recommend teaching materials and equipment.
- Locate additional reference or information sources.
- Teach library skills necessary for your students to research a project.
- Assist you in coordinating a project, operating equipment, or anything else I can do to support you.
- Obtain materials from other schools via interlibrary loan (please allow one to two weeks for materials to arrive).
- Teach Web 2.0 tools.
Teachers are welcome to laminate at their convenience in the teacher work area located on the north side of the library. Please let the librarian know when the laminating film is running out. There are poster boards as well as rolls of butcher paper available in the library. These are for teacher use; if students need posters or paper for an assignment, they need to provide their own. Please be conservative with your use of all consumable materials. They add up! If you require posters or butcher paper for classroom assignments, those will need to be purchased through your department. There is also a poster maker in the library; poster maker paper is available through your department. Each poster costs $5.00 per poster due to the very high cost of the paper, so please only make posters that you plan to use for a long time. If you need a poster or any laminating done in the library, please submit your request to Miss Stedman, and we will be happy to take care of it. We also have a die cut press available for teacher use.