Creston Community News
Creston's Weekly Update for Students & Families
July 17, 2020
This document outlines the procedures and guidance related to the reopening of MSD Warren school buildings in August.
WELCOME TO THE 20-21 SCHOOL YEAR!
I am so excited to welcome you back to Creston for the 20-21 school year! For those who are new to CIMS, my name is Mrs. Storm, proud Creston principal. We are looking forward to welcoming our students back to school in early August!
As you know, MSD Warren released our S.A.F.E. reopening plan earlier this week - it is linked above. A few things to remember:
- All students are able to select Virtual Learning if they have health concerns and/or are uncomfortable returning to in-person instruction (see below for more details).
- 5th graders who do not select virtual learning will attend in in-person instruction every school day.
- 6th, 7th, and 8th graders who do not select virtual learning will participate in alternating in-person and virtual instruction - they will attend school in person every other day.
- Please see the details further down in the newsletter for additional information on Virtual and In-Person instruction. OR, click the green button above to access the district's reopening plan in its entirety.
- Beginning Monday, July 20th, you can call our main office (317-532-6800) to make an appointment if you have specific registration needs (new families) or other questions. Only those who have scheduled appointments will be permitted into the building.
- Summer food distribution will continue next week on Tuesday and Friday from 11am - 1pm.
It is my sincere hope that you and your family are well - please stay safe and take care of yourselves! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with questions or concerns - you can call our main office any time and leave a voicemail; we will direct your call as appropriate and get back in touch with you as soon as possible! Listed at the end of this newsletter are several points of contact for your reference.
Full of Creston Pride,
Mrs. Storm - CIMS Principal
REGISTRATION INFORMATION for 20-21 YEAR
Warren Township is accepting new registrations for the 20-21 school year. If your student ended the school year in a Warren Township school, you do NOT need to take any additional action to be registered for school. If you are new to Warren Township and want to register your student for the upcoming school year, you must call our main office at 317-532-6800 to make an appointment. At this time, to protect the health and safety of our main office staff, we are asking families to make appointments so we can keep an appropriate number of families in our reception/registration area to maintain social distancing.
VIRTUAL ACADEMY INFORMATION
As you know, ALL Warren students (grades K - 12) have the opportunity to select virtual learning to begin the school year. For more information about Warren's Virtual Option, please visit the following page: Virtual Communication one-pager or see below. Click here for the Spanish version.
To register for virtual instruction families can indicate their interest by contacting us at 317-608-0545 or emailing us at WarrenRegistration@warren.k12.in.us. Someone will return your call/email to get more information.
We are asking that all families interested in registering virtually do so no later than Monday, July 20th. If you register for virtual instruction after that date, you will be placed on a waitlist.
In-Person Instructional Plans
*The first description refers to students in grades K-5. The second description refers to students in grades 6-12.
DRESS CODE & SUPPLY LIST
- July 20th - Deadline to select Virtual Academy option for your student(s) if you do not want them to return to in-person instruction.
- August 6th - First student day of the 20-21 school year! All 5th graders will attend school on this date. Students in grades 6, 7, and 8 with last names A-K will attend school on this date. All students who select virtual learning will begin instruction on this date.
2020 Pesticide Notification Registry
The Indiana Pesticide Review Board has regulations that impact how school corporations may use pesticides on school grounds. MSD Warren Township follows these guidelines and we are inviting parents and guardians to join our Pesticide Notification Registry. By signing up for this registry, you will be notified via email at least 48 hours prior to a pesticide application at your child’s school, subject to certain exceptions. You will be invited to sign up for this notification each school year.
You will need to sign up for this notification every school year.
If you would like to participate, please complete the required form found at www.warren.k12.in.us.
IMPORTANT SCHOOL CONTACTS
- Gleaners Community Cupboard at 3737 Waldemere Avenue
- Tuesday/Wednesday from 10 am -3 pm
- Thursday from 2-7 pm
- Gleaners SNAP Application Assistance
- (317) 644-1280
- Community Compass App (download from the App Store or Google Play)
- Information on food pantries, meal assistance, and more
- Home delivery of family meal boxes and fresh produce from Gleaners or prepared meals from Second Helpings
- Text Gleaners to 55433 (English Only)
- Call (317) 742-9111 (English and Spanish)
- CARE Mobile Pantries (through the end of August) – Drive-thru food distribution with walk-up capacity
- John Marshall High School, 10101 E. 38th St., Saturdays from 10 am - 2 pm
- Save-A-Lot/Marion County Election Board, 3737 East Washington St Mondays from 2-6 pm
- Ivy Tech Community College, 2535 N. Capitol Ave. Fridays from 2-6 pm