For the Week of October 12-16, 2015
The Climate Audit will be on Monday and Tuesday. Again, please refer to the schedule that was sent earlier this week. This audit is being conducted to provide our school corporation information about the culture and climate of each school and the corporation. It will also help us to see where our focus needs to be to prepare us for future needs. Thanks in advance for your help and input!
Monday--Happy Columbus Day!
- 8:00--Case Conference--Mrs. Woodard's Office
- Climate Audit--Please check the schedule for your time. All meetings will be in the Conference Room. You will be asked a series of questions by Dr. Yager and Mr. Pettibone. The questions help them determine the "climate" or status of the school and the corporation and where the stakeholders are hoping to see our district head in the future. I had the privilege of meeting these two gentlemen at our last Administration Meeting. You are going to enjoy talking with them.
- No Grade Level/Department Team Meetings
- Girl's Basketball at Syracuse
Wednesday--Picture Make-up Day!
- SMART Start--Gr. K-1 will be working with Kim Conrad and Melissa Atwood on Fountas and Pinnell Phonics. Gr. 2 will be working with Teresa Zurcher on Words Their Way. Grades 3-5 will be working with Ruth Ayres and Kim Jones on Sentence of the Week. Special Area teachers will be working with Kris. More exact details will be coming soon.
- 1:10--Special Needs staffing
- 1:30--Retro Bill in the Gym!!
- 6:30-9:00 a.m.--Health Screening in the Little Theater
- CLASS/PBIS meetings have been cancelled. We will be having a special School Improvement Team meeting in the Conference Room.
- Girl's Basketball at Milford
- Fourth Grade Field Trip
- 7:35--RtI Team 2--Natalie, Colleen, Charlotte, Debby, Chris, Kris, Teresa
Class of 2014!
This looks like a great journey to be a part of!
Growing Stronger Brains in P.E.
Check out these vocabulary words kids are working on in P.E. class!
Respect! Super Hero Style!
Great Day with C.L.A.S.S.
Because we have an outstanding faculty and staff, and dedicated people who know how to treat everyone right and do the right thing, we had an amazing day with our guests today! I think it would be nearly impossible to thank everyone who did so many things for the past several months in order to make this day really work! Even today, as things came up and duties or classes needed to be covered, someone would just step in and get it done! Barbara, Jeff, Jim, and Jan repeatedly referred to the culture of caring that comes with a great C.L.A.S.S. school. Everyone exemplified that today! On the large bulletin board outside the cafeteria entrance (Warrior BEST Board) you will find notes that the workshop participants wrote to staff and students here. Please take a few minutes to read them! They will inspire you and let you know how much our guests appreciated all of your work. Thank you for making NWES shine! Job very well done by all!