S9GS ANNOUNCEMENTS & IMPORTANT INFO
1st Semester 2020 - 2021
All students will need to complete the Second Semester Learning Choice Form by December 7th.
Students will again have the option to choose between Remote and Face to Face instruction for second semester. Students that choose Remote Instruction for second semester will be locked in from January 19th until the end of the school year on May 28th.
Students that choose Face to Face Instruction will have the option to change to Remote Instruction. However, changes from Face to Face to Remote, during the semester, will require a schedule or course change and in some cases the loss of a credit. Courses not offered remotely: CP Algebra II with Trig, AP World History, Yearbook, health/drivers education and Band.
From Superintendent Allen Perkins:
The current COVID-19 data indicates that our schools need to transition to Level 2, Hybrid Instruction, beginning Thursday, December 3, 2020, through Friday, December 18, 2020.
Over the last few weeks, schools have struggled to continue with a traditional school environment due to the number of employees and students that are required to quarantine due to COVID-19. In an effort to be both proactive and provide our schools with the best opportunity to meet the needs of our students, the decision has been made to move to Level 2 - Hybrid Learning. Hybrid learning should reduce the number of students and staff that are quarantined while continuing to follow the ADPH Guidelines for COVID-19 quarantine and exposure by limiting the number of students in schools at the same time.
Individual schools, grade levels, or classrooms may be moved to Level 3 - Remote Learning - if conditions warrant.
- Level TWO means the system will move from in-person instruction to a HYBRID schedule.
- In Hybrid Instruction, students are divided into two groups beginning Thursday, December 3rd.
*NOTE: If students within a household have different last names, they may attend dates listed above according to the last name of the eldest member of the household.
Social Distancing and Face Masks are required on all MCSS campuses.
- Buses will run their regular schedules.
- Schools will provide information regarding meal pick-up times on days when students are remote learners.
- If you are interested in being a part of the Sparkman HS Color Guard, audition clinics will begin this Thursday November 12th through November 30th on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:45-5:30 in the high school band room.
- Auditions will be held December 3rd.
- If you have any questions, please email Mr. Stout at email@example.com
Order your yearbook today!
School: Sparkman Ninth Grade School
MUST PAY ONLINE!
Cost: $40 or $45 with personalization
Please contact Mrs. Cagle if you have questions.
Parking Passes at S9GS
- S9GS parking passes are not sold at SHS.
- If you paid for a parking pass via myschoolfees at SHS, you must park at SHS.
Students who want to park at S9GS must purchase the parking pass at the main office at S9GS.
- S9GS does not use myschoolfees. See below for instructions on how to purchase a parking pass at S9GS.
Student user account information | How to login to SPLP & other school accounts
Parents, thank you so much for beginning the process of registering your students.
Here are a few tips to help you during the registration process:
- If you are NOT finished uploading your documents, DO NOT click submit. You must SAVE & EXIT to come back to it at another time. If you submit, you no longer have the opportunity to make additions or changes. The registration is locked at that point. To make changes or to upload documents, you will have to notify the local school registrar. The registrar is the only one that can make changes or additions after you click SUBMIT.
- All students should have the requested documents uploaded prior to the beginning of the 19-20 school year (currently enrolled and new students). Our goal is to have the most up-to-date documentation on file for your student.
- Madison County Schools requires a Huntsville Utility bill as one proof of residency. Harvest Monrovia Water bills are NOT accepted.
- A second proof of residency should be uploaded (deed or lease or property tax statement or mortgage statement).