S9GS ANNOUNCEMENTS & IMPORTANT INFO
Fall Semester 2020
Get a FREE "Science at Home" Science Kit
October Lunch Menu
Parking Passes at S9GS
- S9GS parking passes are not sold at SHS.
- If you paid for a parking pass via myschoolfees at SHS, you must park at SHS.
Students who want to park at S9GS must purchase the parking pass at the main office at S9GS.
- S9GS does not use myschoolfees. See below for instructions on how to purchase a parking pass at S9GS.
How to login to SchoolsPLP (SPLP)
Google Chrome is the Required Browser for SchoolsPLP.
Access the SchoolsPLP Link HERE
You will be directed to login with your school Gmail account username and password.
password: enter your password
You may also access SPLP by:
- By clicking on the link on the S9GS Website homepage
- The link will direct you to the SPLP page on the MCSS Website
- Under Sparkman Schools, click Sparkman 9
- Login with your school gmail account username and password
Student User Account Information
Your username and password gives you access to all of your school accounts, including but not limited to the following:
- School Chromebooks and computers
- School Gmail account and G-suite apps, like Google Classroom
Gmail username example: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Don't forget the @madison.k12.al.us
- SchoolsPLP - Login with your school Gmail account
Free Internet Access Program for Eligible Students
The Alabama Broadband Connectivity for Students program will provide free internet access for eligible students who are enrolled in the National School Lunch Program through their schools. We are working to make the process as easy as possible for students who choose to participate.
If your student is enrolled in the National School Lunch Program through their school, you are already enrolled in the Alabama Broadband Connectivity for Students program. You will receive a prepaid voucher by U.S. mail by the end of August. Then all you’ll have to do is call the internet service provider of your choice, give them your voucher code, and sign up for service.
If you have recently moved, please call your school to update your address.
Football Ticket Information
The following requirements/guidelines will be in place for Sparkman home varsity football games:
- No tickets will be sold at the gate. Tickets will be on sale at our GoFan page at https://gofan.co/app/school/AL2218. Tickets for home games go on sale at 8:00 a.m. on the Monday before the game.
- We will be selling 600 pre-sale tickets at the school’s front office from Tuesday to Thursday from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for home games only. These pre-sale tickets will be sold the week of home games only.
- No children will be permitted into the stadium without an adult and/or student ID and a ticket.
- All entrants to the stadium must wear a mask.
- Individuals/families must practice social distancing guidelines while in the stadium.
- Stadium seating will be marked off for social distancing. Fans are not to sit in the areas that are marked off for social distancing.
- All fans must stay seated in the stands unless visiting the concession stand or restroom.
- Fans will remain on the side they were assigned by their ticket (visitor/home)
- No passes for re-entry to the venue.
- No field access except for participants, officials, and administration.
Due to ticket limitations, you will be able to watch Sparkman football games online at https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/sparkman-high-school-harvest-al
If you have any questions, please contact Athletic Director Mrs. Jones at email@example.com.
Thank you for your adherence to the above listed guidelines. We hope that you have a wonderful experience at Senator Stadium and GO SENATORS!
*image from AHSAA GoFan Ticketing
PowerSchool Enrollment Extended
Have you registered your child for school for the 20-21 school year?
All returning students must register through PowerSchool Enrollment annually. The original deadline of May 31st has been extended. If you need a new snap code, one will be emailed to you soon. Should you have any questions regarding PowerSchool Enrollment, please contact our office beginning Monday, June 1st between 7am-1pm. We are happy to help.
Parents, thank you so much for beginning the process of registering your students.
Here are a few tips to help you during the registration process:
- If you are NOT finished uploading your documents, DO NOT click submit. You must SAVE & EXIT to come back to it at another time. If you submit, you no longer have the opportunity to make additions or changes. The registration is locked at that point. To make changes or to upload documents, you will have to notify the local school registrar. The registrar is the only one that can make changes or additions after you click SUBMIT.
- All students should have the requested documents uploaded prior to the beginning of the 19-20 school year (currently enrolled and new students). Our goal is to have the most up-to-date documentation on file for your student.
- Madison County Schools requires a Huntsville Utility bill as one proof of residency. Harvest Monrovia Water bills are NOT accepted.
- A second proof of residency should be uploaded (deed or lease or property tax statement or mortgage statement).