First Grade News
Mrs. Clyde - Room 8 - Issue No.18
This week's newsletter is a quick update on things coming up in our class and at Ridgecrest.
Valentine's Day Celebration
Please contact me if you would like to contribute to the party supplies.
- Cupcakes or Cookies (store bought)
- Juice boxes
*I would like to limit the party to just a few treats. Valentine’s Day always seems to be a time that kids get a lot of candy so just a few goodies for the party should be more than enough.
100th Day Project
Here is what you need to do:
1. Brainstorm things you and your family could easily collect in quantities of 100. Look around your house (your bedroom, kitchen, craft supplies, etc…) It may be a collection you already have or something new.
2. Choose something from your list and gather 100 of that item.
3. Design a unique way to display your collection.
4. Be sure you have exactly 100 of your item in your display.
Bring your collection to school by Monday, Feb. 10th
On your sharing day you will share your 100th Day project.
Projects will be on display all week!
Science Night will be held in the Ridgecrest Elementary Gymnasium on Tuesday, February 25th at 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Students will display and present their science projects and also see what amazing things their schoolmates have discovered. The Pacific Science Center will be there with a fun and interactive science demonstration as well.
So grab your lab coat and start planning your experiments now!
If your child is interested in submitting a science fair project, please complete the entry form below and return it to his/her teacher by February 5, 2014.
We Need Kleenex!
Mark Your Calendars
Friday, Feb. 14th - Valentine's Day & 100th Day of School
Feb.17 - 21 - Mid Winter Break