Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of September 6-9
Weekly Note from Mrs. Clement
September 5, 2022
Dear Rocket Families,
I hope you all have enjoyed a wonderful holiday weekend! It is hard to believe that we are only 2 and a half weeks away from fall!
As we begin week 4 of the year, please see some important items to note below:
- In morning car line, students are NOT to exit their vehicle without the assistance of a staff member. In other words, a staff member must open the vehicle door for your child.
- In afternoon car line, it is ESSENTIAL that those picking up students have their RES DASHCARD VISIBLE. If a RES dashcard is not visible and the staff member calling cars does not recognize the driver, they will be asked to make their way through the carline to park so identification can be checked. This slows down the process for all those who use the RES dashcards as requested.
- If you have not yet connected with your child's teacher by way of Class Dojo, please do so ASAP. This is the main course of communication for our teachers and the easiest way to keep up with all RES events.
- Students in grade K-3 will take NWEA MAP Assessments this week. Reading will take place on Wednesday and Math on Thursday.
- Boy Scouts Interest Meeting, Wednesday, September 7; 6:30 Cafeteria
- 5th Grade Parent Meeting, Thursday, September 8; 6:00 GYM
- Fall Picture Day will be on Tuesday, September 20. Information will be sent home later this week.
At Rutherfordton Elementary, we believe in educating the WHOLE child. This means that in addition to the academic needs of students we must also attend to the social and emotional learning needs of students (SEL). Beginning next week, our school will begin our social and emotional learning curriculum program (Second Step) during classroom morning meetings. To give you an overview of SEL please view this short video - Social-Emotional Learning: What Is SEL and Why SEL Matters
As always, please feel free to reach out to me anytime should you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions. I may be reached at email@example.com, by way of Class Dojo or by calling the school at (828) 287-3778.
Thank you for your continued support!
Upcoming Events & Important Information
Boy Scouts Interest Meeting
- Wednesday, September 7
- 6:30 PM; Cafeteria
5th Grade Parent Meeting
- Thursday, September 8
- 6:00 PM; GYM
- Tuesday, September 20
Fall Book Fair
- Monday, September 26 - Friday, September 30
End of 1st 6 Weeks
- Friday, September 23