Cobb Middle School Weekly News
January 18 - 22
Coming Up This Week...
- NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Student Council Meeting, 7:55 a.m. or 3:40 p.m., E111
- Student-Led Bible Study, 3:40-4:15 p.m., B123
- 750 Minute Reading Challenge Cocoa Celebration (by invitation)
- Choir UIL Rehearsal, 4:30-6:00 p.m., G108
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Wester, 5:30-8:30 p.m., WMS
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Wester, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
Save the Dates
- 1/23 - Math/Science Meet, all day, Colleyville MS, Colleyville
- 1/25 - Read-a-Thon registration forms available in the library
- 1/25 - Rising Freshman Night, 6:00 p.m., Wakeland HS
- 1/25 - Rising Freshman Night, 6:30 p.m., Lone Star HS
- 1/26 - Art Club, 3:45-4:45 p.m., B120
- 1/27 - Wakeland and Lone Star counselors meet with 8th graders
- 1/27 - Talent Show dress rehearsal, 4:00-5:30 p.m., Cafe
- 1/28 - Choir UIL Rehearsal, 4:30-6:00 p.m., G108
- 1/28 - 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Griffin, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
- 1/28 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Griffin, 5:30-8:30 p.m., GMS
- 1/29 - FINAL DEADLINE FOR YEARBOOK ORDERS
- 1/29 - Symphonic Band performance at Fisher Elementary, 7:30-8:15 a.m.
- 1/29 - PEP RALLY BELL SCHEDULE - Winter Sports Pep Rally, 3:05 p.m., Large Gym
- 1/29 - PTA Board Meeting, 4:45-5:45 p.m., Library
- 1/29 - PTA Regular Meeting and Talent Show, 5:45-8:00 p.m., Cafe
- 2/1 - 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Fowler, 5:30-8:30 p.m., FMS
- 2/1 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Fowler, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
- 2/2- Tennis match vs. Griffin, 4:30 p.m., WHS
- 2/3 - WHS 2016-2017 Cheer Parent Meeting, 6:00 p.m., WHS Cafe
- 2/4 - Library Club, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Library
- 2/4 - Completed Read-a-Thon registration forms accepted at 7:45 a.m.
- 2/4 - NJHS Officers Meeting, 7:55-8:15 a.m., E102
- 2/4 - Choir UIL Rehearsal, 4:30-6:00 p.m., G108
- 2/5 - AHA National RED OUT day
- 2/5 - Symphonic Band Performance, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Carroll Elementary
- 2/5-2/6 - 7th Grade Girls Basketball Tourney, Vandeventer MS
- 2/6-2/6- 8th Grade Girls Basketball Tourney, Pioneer Heritage MS
- 2/6 - Band instrument selection day for 5h graders.
Overdue Library Books - It’s that time of year when we’re trying to get everything back to the library and clear student records for the semester! Please check to see if your student has overdue materials from the Cobb Library. Overdue notices have been sent to your student through their ILA class as well as home emails. Names of students who still have very late overdues will be turned over to administration starting Tuesday 1/19. Please check your student’s account by visiting the Cobb Library online catalog at www.bit.ly/cobblc. Click on the “My Account” tab and enter your student’s ID number and 8-digit birthday to see items out.
If the book is truly lost, please pay for replacement online at Mackin’s www.Funds4books.com, as we are not able to accept donated books or take payments in the library. Contact Ms. Meeks in the library regarding book replacement cost of your student's books at email@example.com.
Have you ordered your yearbook? - Your last opportunity to purchase a 2015-2016 Cobb yearbook is approaching at the end of the month. NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD after January 29th, so don't miss out. Order Now.
Gifted and Talented Referrals - Open referrals will be accepted through January 21st. All paperwork must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. on January 21st. If you are interested in having your child screened for our GT program, please contact Lindsay Brotherson. If your child is already receiving GT services, he/she does not need to rescreen. For more information concerning this process, please visit the Cobb website.
Red Out T-Shirts - Red Out Day (February 5th), supporting the American Heart Association, is being led by the NJHS students this year. One of the ways they are helping to promote Red Out Day and to raise money for the AHA is by selling Red Out shirts that can be ordered through the AHA website from now until January 20th.
Smart Watches - Please remember that Apple Watches, as well as any other smart watches, fall under our BYOD policy and should be treated just like all cell phones, tablets, or laptops. Students should not be using these devices without teacher permission.
Theater UIL Dates and Instructions - Are you a theater lover? Read here to see how you can be involved in this year's UIL season!
FCA Weekend of Champions - FCA will host its annual sports camp February 26-28. Registration is open now and ends February 5th. Visit the DFW FCA website to sign up. Feel free to email Coach Young for more information.
Lost and Found - The Lost and Found is located along the back wall of the cafeteria. All misplaced items of clothing, lunchboxes, pencil bags, etc. should be brought to this location if found. However, lost phones, tablets, jewelry or other valuables should be turned into Mrs. Mecom in the Assistant Principals' office. Unclaimed items in the Lost and Found will be donated at the end of each six-week marking period.