Updates from around Monomoy Regional School District
CES students revel in Poetry in Motion
Community partners contribute to HES courtyard garden
Fourth-grade students at Harwich Elementary School recently participated in a project to build, paint, and install a dozen birdhouses in the school’s courtyard garden. Volunteers from Polhemus Savery DaSilva Architects Builders donated their time to help the students build and paint the birdhouses, and then worked with students to place and install the birdhouses in the courtyard garden area. The birdhouse materials were part of a grant from The Garden Club of Harwich to recertify the Harwich Elementary School garden as a National Wildlife Federation Schoolyard Habitat. For more information (and photos), click here.
Monomoy Middle School students enjoy an awesome performance of Phantom of the Opera
Many students may never have the opportunity to step into a majestic, historic theater and enjoy a live performance, which is just one of the reasons why Monomoy Regional Middle School administrators and teachers work tirelessly each year to plan a whole-school field trip to regional theaters to attend a professional musical production. This year, nearly 500 MRMS students and staff traveled to the Providence Performing Arts Center to experience “Phantom of the Opera” – the longest-running Broadway musical ever produced! Read more here.
Monomoy students honored as 'Just Good Kids'
Each year, the Rotary Club of Harwich-Dennis honors local students as ‘Just Good Kids.’ These awards are given to recognize students who enjoy school, work hard, and volunteer to help those in need. For the list of 2019 honorees, click here.
MRHS students travel to China and Iceland
Two groups of students and faculty from Monomoy Regional High School headed out to diverse locations over April break, one group to China, and one group to Iceland. To read about their adventures, click here.
More Important MRSD News and Updates
- Monomoy High is proud to host the All-Cape Special Olympics Game Day on May 16! Volunteers are needed to help with this special event - please email Shana Grogan if you are able to participate!
- Monomoy Middle School students will be holding a schoolwide Walk for Water in June to raise funds for water sanitation facilities in Africa. They need empty plastic gallon jugs for this project - please save your milk jugs, rinse them out, and drop them off at the MRMS front office. They need 500 empty, clean jugs by the end of May!
- MRSD is surveying families about their childcare and after/before school care needs and challenges - please sure sure to complete the survey so we can best support you!
- The Technology Department will be working on the next iteration of the district's 3-year Technology Plan, and is looking for parents, students, staff, and business/community members to take part in a focus group about technology in our schools. No need to be a tech expert, just have an interest in our schools and how we use technology! Email Joy Jordan if you'd like to be a part of the focus group.
- Be sure to attend Town Meeting and have your voice heard about the issues important to you! Harwich Town Meeting is Monday, May 6, at 7 p.m., and Chatham Town Meeting is Monday, May 13, at 6 p.m. Free childcare is available at both meetings through the respective Recreation Departments.
- Honor Rolls for the third quarter have been announced for Monomoy Regional Middle School and Monomoy Regional High School - congrats to these students for their hard work and commitment!
- It's budget season! For information on this year's MRSD budget and on regional school funding in general, click here.
- The 2019-2020 school year calendar has been released - plan your vacations now!