The Puma Paw
A Pinebrook community information source
September 19, 2022
Ahoy, Puma Families!
I have newly discovered that tomorrow is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. I had a request just this weekend that we have an impromptu spirit day and have some fun. I totally agree. No need to find anything far or search too wide, but if you have an eyepatch or pirate wig in your closet (doesn't everyone? ...or is that just Principals?) feel free to send it in with your child on Monday. We'll be sure to mark the calendar next year. Whatever you have will work, if anything, and we're looking forward to some spontaneous fun tomorrow.
BMX Anti-Bullying and Positive Message Is A Hit
On Friday, students attended a fantastic BMX show that provided a clean, fresh, and exciting experience. Three professional BMX riders shared messages about treating each other well, making good choices, and having goals in between putting on an amazing biking demonstration! Flips, turns, jumps, ramps, and nifty tricks wowed the students. The PTA provided this incredible show to our students. Thank you, PTA! It was awesome! Check out the video from Friday by clicking here!
Pumas That Pounce
We want to give a special shout-out to fourth graders Rey, Oliver, and Grant, who bought a first-grade student an item from the school store after the child didn't realize that he hadn't had money when he got to the register! The student's disappointment turned into joy because of the generosity of these three Pumas. Thanks, guys! Keep up the kind work!
- Sept. 19-23 is an A Week
- Tuesday, Sept. 20 - Fire Drill in the afternoon
- Sept. 26 Rosh Hashanah L'Shana Tovah tikatevu
- This a reminder that we will not release students for early dismissal past 2:00 PM. Please pick up your child for early dismissal before 2:00 PM to ensure all students are accounted for at dismissal time.
- Classroom fall party planning is beginning. We are excited to have volunteers in the building to help make the event memorable! Teachers and students greatly appreciate your support! As a point of organization, please be sure that the bus loop is clear from cars and parties have ended by 2:00 PM to ensure a safe and arranged dismissal. Thank you!
Fun Run and Puma Olympics Looks for Volunteers!
The Fun Run at Puma Olympics is back! Mark your calendars to volunteer for the Fun Run at Puma Olympics! Grades 3,4, and 5 will be on Thursday, September 29th and grades K,1, and 2 will be on Friday, September 30th. If you would like to volunteer please click on this link!
The Fun Run at Puma Olympics is Pinebrook's biggest fundraiser and community building event! Our mission at Pinebrook is to create meaningful relationships among teachers, staff, students, and the community in order to create a safe learning space for our children. Puma Olympics focuses on social and emotional learning standards and helps to create a solid bond among teachers and students in order to set a positive relationship for the rest of the school year.
Students rotate through activity stations lasting fifteen minutes. One of the stations is the Fun Run Fundraiser!!!
We are continuously updating our Physical Education Google Site with important information regarding this awesome event! Please check it out!
Thank you for supporting our Pumas!
Parent Resources To Know
See the flyer below for SchoolCash Online! Field trip fees, scholastic orders, and other school payments will now use SchoolCash for transactions. Please sign up today!
Remember, when you come to school...
- When you come to school, it's essential to be in the habit of three things:
- Make an appointment
- Have your ID;
- Have your phone, especially if you are tardy, picking up, or returning a child to school, as we use an electronic form to record the child's return. You will access the form via a QR code scanned by your phone.