- He expanded the borders.
- He cultivated (created) theaters.
- Refined (edited) manners and arts.
- He was interested in fashion.
- Created the palace of versailles
- Evoked the Edict of Nantes, its enforcement led to disaster.
- Churches were razed.
- Soldiers committed torture and murder.
- Protestants caught worshiping were executed.
Family life and Religious affiliation
- Louis submitted his duty and married Marrie-Therese of Austria, the daughter of King Philip IV of Spain.
- Between 1661-1678, the queen gave birth to the grand dauphin( the heir to the throne)
- Desiring religious unity for his kingdom, Louis objected to the existence of a protestant minority in France.
Musiques religieuses françaises sous Louis XIV & Louis XV | Les Talens Lyriques