The Starside Communication - February 19, 2016
A Message From Your Principal
Greetings, Starside Families!
We had a short week filled with all sorts of test preparation and hard work for our upcoming Kansas State Assessments. Grades 3-5 will begin testing next week and our primary grades are supporting testing by adopting a classroom as their "State Assessment Buddies." These buddies will work to create motivational greetings and encouragement throughout testing.
At home, we ask you to support our intermediate students by ensuring they arrive to school with a nutritional breakfast, plenty of rest, and an "I can do it!" attitude. Additionally, please note the state assessment testing schedule for your child's classroom. It will be important to avoid testing dates when scheduling appointments for your child. Thank you for working to ensure a positive testing season!
Session II enrichment clubs begin next Thursday February 23!!!
Clubs are 3:50-4:45 with the exception of Cooking club which ends at 5:15. Cooking class is for Grades 3-5 and transportation will need to be arranged.
Running Club is Tuesday-Thursday Mornings: 8:00am. February 23 -March 22
Crafty Kids is also Tuesday mornings (k-2)
- 26 - Bingo Night
- 2 - House of Children Pre-Enrollment Fair 5-7:00 pm
- 10 - End of Third Quarter
- 11 - No school for all students-1/2 Professional In-Service; 1/2 Teacher Workday
- 3/14/16 (Monday) - 3/18/16 (Friday) - No School for all Students and Staff - Building Closed - SPRING BREAK!
- 21- Start of Fourth Quarter - Classes Resume
- 4 - Pizza Hut
- 12 - 4th General PTA Meeting 7:00pm
- 15 - Best Choice, Box Tops, Campbell's, Coke Rewards & Tyson Collection Deadline.
- 29 - Coffee with Kris -- 9:00 am
- Please send lunch money in an envelope with your child's name and classroom teacher.
- If you would like to eat lunch with your child, please call the SE office by 9:00am to order a school lunch. Of course, you are always welcome to bring your own lunch.
- Lunch prices--$2.25 student/$3.45 adult/$.50 extra milk/juice.
- If you have more than one child at SE, please be specific about how much money should be applied to each child's account. Please include the classroom teacher's name on the envelope. Thank you!
- Please report absences by 9:00am at 913-667-6279
- Report absences online at http://bit.ly/1PtJPle
- Extended absence form: If you will be taking your child out of school for more than 3 days, please complete an extended absence form. This gives your child's teacher plenty of notice to get homework together.
- Early pick-ups If you plan to pick your child up before regular dismissal times, please let us know prior to 3:00pm.
- If possible, please request early pick-up no later than 3:35pm. After 3:35pm, our teachers are busy preparing all students for dismissal.
A reminder about morning drop-off times
USD 232 has a contract with First Student for out busing. If you have an issue, question, or compliment concerning student bussing, please contact First Student directly at 422-8501. They will be able to answer any questions you may have.