Cherokee County School District
Endorsement Cohorts for 2015-2016
Protocol for Registration
Location: Canton Elementary School
Instructor: Angela Martin
Gifted K-12 (Pleased to offer 4 locations for the 2015-2016 school year)
Location: Macedonia Elementary
Instructor: Rhonda Emmett
Location: Cherokee High School
Instructor: Gena Hood
Location: River Ridge High School
Instructor: Nancy Mohn
Location: North Georgia RESA (Summer/Saturday option)
Instructor: Dr. Jennifer Farist and Nancy Mohn
Math K-5 (continuation of previous cohort) Closed Particpation
Contingent on participant attendance and eligibility, registration fees for courses will be funded through Central Office allocations.
Endorsement Registration Procedures
1. Go to www.ngresapl.org, access Professional Learning and then Endorsements.
2. Access Cherokee County School District Endorsements Page
3. Cohort schedules are listed at this site.
4. Print registration application.
5. Bring COMPLETED registration applications to an Endorsement Registration Meeting to be held:
· Wednesday, June 3, 2015, Drop-In 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Building C Auditorium
· Thursday, June 4, 2015, Drop-In 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Building C Auditorium
6. All COMPLETED applications will be accepted and logged for one cohort location only.
7. To ensure that all interested participants are accommodated and to negate timing of application receipt as a factor, participant seats will be filled by lottery and by cohort. All other applications will be placed on a waiting list to be chosen by lottery as participant seats become available.
8. Participants will be notified of placement via email from the North Georgia RESA on June 5, 2015.
Important Dates (Please add these to your calendar for future reference)
April 7, 2015: Endorsement schedules announced and Registration Applications posted at www.ngresapl.org. Cherokee County has a dedicated tab at the top of the web page. All applications and class dates can be downloaded at this location.
June 3, 2015: Endorsement Registration Meeting, Drop-In 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Building C Auditorium. Only completed applications including principal recommendation and copy of certificate will be accepted.
June 4, 2015: Endorsement Registration Meeting, Drop-In 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Building C Auditorium. Only completed applications including principal recommendation and copy of certificate will be accepted.
June 5, 2015: All registration applicants notified of placement via email
July 28, 2015: Registration Application deadline for Principal Holds for new hire participation
July 29, 2015: Last date to be notified of placement in cohort
August 10, 2015: Fall Cohorts Begin
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Office of Professional Development at 770-704-4211 or NGRESA at 706-276-1111.
You can also email the following for additional information:
Director of Professional Learning
North Georgia RESA