Here's what's happening at Milan Elementary School!
PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES ARE NEXT WEEK!
Milan Elementary School will be holding Parent/Teacher Conferences on Tuesday and Thursday, October 6 and 8.
Students have a regular day of school on both days and then, from 3:15-7:00 p.m. during the afternoon and evening, parents will meet with their child’s teacher to discuss progress being made and any problems or concerns either the parent or the teacher may have. Report cards for the first grading quarter will be given to parents at the conferences.
Classroom teachers have already contacted most of you and have a conference time arranged. If you do not have an appointment set up with your child’s teacher, please contact the school office or send an email or note to your child’s teacher as soon as possible to get one made. Our goal is to meet with 100% of our parents.
If, for some reason, you are unable to keep your appointment, please call the school office at 654-2922 to reschedule and so that someone else may be able to conference in your place. Thanks for your help! See you next week!
Mrs. Glenda Ritz, Superintendent of Public Instruction for Indiana, visited our school on Friday, Sept. 25!
Our Ambassadors gave her a warm welcome!
The 5th Grade Chieftains also met Mrs. Ritz
Superintendent Ritz visits with students in Mrs. Taylor's Kindergarten Class
It's Easy to "Connect" with Your Child's Teacher!
Steps for viewing teachers’ web pages.
- Go to http://www.milan.k12.in.us/ .
- Then click on Schools and select Elementary.
- Click on Classrooms and choose the grade level of your child.
- Then choose teacher’s name. Click on "view my web site."
Counselor Chat with Mrs. Schwering
Hi! I hope your child’s school year is going well. I am here to support your family so please feel free to call (812) 654-2922, e-mail me (email@example.com), or check out my newly updated website located on the Milan Elementary School website. You can find me under “Contacts” click on “School Office Staff” and then click under my name on the little blue square with an arrow. This is a great way for me to share “Resources” with you, “Services” I offer, “Information” about my programs and current happenings at school, and “Photos and Videos”. I hope you find my website helpful to you.
STUDENT AMBASSADORS AND GRADE 5 CHIEFTAINS ANNOUNCED
Each year the classroom teachers in grades 1-5 each choose a boy and a girl to assume the role of Student Ambassador and serve as the official “meeters and greeters” for the class. Their job is to welcome visitors and escort them to and from the classroom or show them around our school. They also welcome new students to the classroom and help them get acquainted with our school and introduce them to their new classmates.
Chosen as ambassadors for the 2015-16 school year were: Brianna Sams, Adam Rigdon, Ella Saylor, Ezekiel Gilday, Kloee Callahan, Brock Guthrie, Paytyn Oldfield, Thomas Cobble, Hanna McCrosky, Konner Smith, Hailey Brown, Caynen Stapleton, Kynadee Bode, Caleb Dixon, Markeisha Lillard, Jackson Fugate, Kilee Walker, Cole McClellan, Heather Philpot, Aydyn Herzner, Sammy Hornberger, Kaleb Wilburn, Olivia Deaton, Nico King, Maci Ferreira, Brad Drew, Jade Smith, Elijah Herd, Ava Honnert, Jacob Helton, Elizabeth Williams, Alex Wenger, Ariel Haessig, Braison Goodpaster, Josie Havlin, and Luke Blackburn. Congratulations everyone! We’re proud to have you represent our school!
The Chieftains, a club just for 5th graders, was formed to help develop student leadership skills. They meet weekly during lunch and recess to brainstorm ideas on what they would like to accomplish for our school this year.
Members are: Jocelyn Allen, Karsyn Bode, Autumn Eckstein, Brooke Freytag, Ariel Haessig, Josie Havlin, Brooke Hoffman, Eleanor Honnert, Olivia Kaulig, McKenzie Seale, Madison Smith, Laurinzie Taylor, and Taylor Williamson. A big thank you to these students for volunteering to give up some of their free time to help our school!
- October 6 & 8: Parent/Teacher Conferences, 3:15-7:00 p.m.
- October 6 Fundraiser Pick-Up has been postponed. New date coming soon!
- October 7: Open Swim begins, 5-7:00 p.m. Admission is only $1.00!
- October 8: Kids on the Block program for Grade 2 students.
- October 9: Flu Shot Clinic for students & staff who have already signed up.
- October 12: Fall Break begins.
- October 19: School resumes.
- October 20: Kindergarten & Mrs. Schutte's Class visit Vogt's Pumpkin Patch.
- October 21: Open Swim, 5-7:00 p.m., $1.00.
- October 22: One Community, One Night event. Watch for info to come home soon!
- October 23: Grade 1 field trip to the Cincinnati Zoo.
- October 27: Coffee Chat with the Counselor, 8-9:00 a.m. Everyone welcome!
- October 30: Fall Parties!