Mrs. Kondikoff's Weekly News
Lopatcong Elementary School
Friday, October 9, 2015
- The time in which students in grades 1-4 attend art will change. This will require you to change your schedule on the day you have art to get in the required minutes.
- Kindergarten and Preschool will no longer have art class as a special. Please integrate art into your weekly lessons.
- There are changes to the music and movement schedule for some second, third, and fourth grade classes. All schedule changes will be reflected on the copy of the schedule in your box.
- If your class has Ms. Byrne for Music and Movement, Mrs. Hingelberg from the Middle school will be teaching that section. During the first and second marking period Mrs. Hingelberg will teach Ms. Byrne's Music and Movement Classes from 10:20-10:40 on the same day you currently have Music and Movement. During the third and fourth marking period, classes will go back to 12:50-1:10 with Mrs. Hingelberg.
- Due to the new schedule, you will be required to meet with your grade level team one time per week, as that is all the new schedule allows. Since the amount of special time does not change, there may be weeks where you will be required to spend the second "team time" entering data, working on SGOs, preparing for a staff meeting activity, etc.
Fire Prevention Assemblies and Fire Drill
SGO Deadline and Team Meetings
Please remember to submit your Team Feedback Sheets through google classroom.
October 12th In-Service
Field Trip Requests
I am beginning to receive field trip request forms. As always, we are looking to get as many of the field trips approved ASAP which will ensure that we get busing for those trips. Please return Field Trip Request Forms to me by Friday October 16th.
The district will not be paying for busing for field trips. The cost of busing will need to be factored into the cost of the trip charged to the students. Please submit your Field Trip Request Form. Once the form is submitted and approved by me, we will submit it to the business office for board approval. After the trip is board approved, we will contract out for busing. Once this is complete, we will know the cost of busing so you can include it in the price the students will pay.
10/12-Teacher In-Service (No School for Students)
10/13-Board of Education Meeting @ 7:00pm
10/14-School-Wide Positive Behavior Support Committee Meeting @ 3:00pm
10/19-SGO Due to Noelle
10/21-10/30 SGO Meetings