KP Friday Focus
November 14, 2014
National Education Week is next week and it was established by the NEA to put a spotlight on public education. While there will be two parent/guardian programs at school, I hope each of you will find a way to put a spotlight on the wonderful things happening in your classroom and sharing it with families. It is also an opportunity to celebrate the educator support professionals (all of our support staff) along with our Substitute teachers/TAs for their contributions to supporting our students.
Enjoy the weekend!
Sign Up For your Faculty Meeting Wellness Focus
Check out the options. Sign up by Monday afternoon (2:50 pm). Thank You!
Learning Together --Collegial PD Offerings (Big Rock 2)
Join us for our First LUNCH AND LEARN--Please let Susanne Know which lunch Wave You'll Attend
Denise Jaffe will be in room 224
Can demo HOW to use our NEW iPADS - and demo Explain Everything APP.
GREAT opportunity to get training so you can have access to USE the iPADS
King Philip Middle School PTO is excited to be partnering with FUN PASTA FUNDRAISING!
Shop now and order creative pasta shapes for just about every holiday imaginable, plus sports, dancing, music, cats, dogs, horses, pirates, princesses, running, money, jogging, gymnastics, snowmen, patriotic, pink ribbon AND SO MUCH MORE...even peace, love and girls night out pastas! There are so many fun and festive choices..even Uconn pasta and other major colleges! Who knew you could do so much with a noodle! There is even Gluten Free Pasta!
With each sale, King Philip Middle School PTO earns 40% so get shopping and start cooking your way to a festive meal! Your order is shipped directly to you within 3-5 days after ordering.
Simply click on the link below and get starting with shopping for FUN PASTA!!
Gem Award to:
- Jess K. from colleague Karen G. "For going above and beyond the call of duty to provide specialized services to a special education student."
- Lauren R. from colleague Nancy S. for creating the wonderful" Goals for My Success" worksheet used for parent conferences.
- Joe Ganci rom colleague Nancy S. for rehearsing Ryan Venora so Ryan was able to give an excellent rendition of TAPS
- Rocco D. from colleague Nancy S. for acting so quickly to alleviate an odor coming from a sink in my room just before afternoon conferences
Karen Walsh from colleague Nancy S the Conference Day Goodies
Marc Kotler from colleague Nancy S for orchestrating a memorable Veteran's Day program
- Marc & Fran H. from colleague Erin R. for the time and effort put into arranging coverage for those who attended Gary's funeral.
- Sue M., Gwen C., Johanna K., Derek D., Eina R., Amy M., Sarah B., Pete G., Nancy S., and Stacey G. who volunteered to give up their own prep time to cover classes so that colleagues could attend the service.
- ROCCO!!! from colleague Erin R. For persevering and getting a new roof put on the portables... we're all breathing easier down here - thanks to him.
- Catherine R. from colleague Joy W. for your working in keeping our unclaimed bulletin refreshed.
- Megan J. from Ed. D. and Joy W. for organizing a fabulous HS Options Fair and including students in advertising it.
- Susanne T., Bill D., Sally N., Nancy B., Mike F., Nancy S., Brian J. from colleague Joy W. making this year's Veterans Day Ceremony such a success.
November 17th -21st ---National Education Week
- Faculty Meeting --Staff Wellness focus on Mental and Physical Fitness
- Family Books Study on It's Complicated --See KP Connection --7pm in the Library
1st Lunch and Learn w. Denise Jaffe LUNCH - 11:15 - 1:20
School Counseling Parent/Guardian Night --6:30pm Large Cafe