February 22, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello to all Roosevelt Raccoons! Here are a few reminders for the week:
• Coffee with the Principal: Cub Foods West--drop your kiddos off at school and come enjoy some good coffee and social time. 7:30am-8:30am tomorrow!!!
• Just a friendly reminder that at Roosevelt we collect: Kwik Trip Milk Caps, Hy-Vee receipts, and Box Tops for Education. The Roosevelt PTO recently took this project on and proceeds will go to the PTO and ultimately to students! The deadline for turning in the Box Tops is March 1, so please return any that you have in your home by Monday, February 26. Thank you!
• Mankato Area Public Schools is seeking feedback on the proposed 2018-19 and 2019-20 school calendar years. Four versions of each school year have been posted on the MAPS website under Families and Students "Calendar" on our District homepage. Feedback from our community stakeholders will help to inform the next two school calendar years. Here is a link to a letter that details the timeline, gives directions that explain how to access the calendars, and outlines the three options for giving feedback.
• Yearbooks are on sale! Here is the link you can use to order your child's yearbook. The Roosevelt code is: 3686718. As a reminder, 5th graders receive a FREE yearbook, a $12 value courtesy of the Roosevelt PTO. If 5th graders would like to add personalization or other upgrades, parents will have to add these items and pay for these additional costs using the paper order form and not the online option! If you have a 5th grader and do NOT want any extras, do nothing! Isn't that nice??
• Mark Your Calendar: The Roosevelt Music Concert is Thursday, March 15. K-2 will perform twice--once at 8:30 and again at 12:15. Students in grades 3-5 will also perform twice--once at 10:00 and again at 1:30. The PTO sponsors coffee and treats in between the two morning performances (about 9:30) and again in between the two afternoon performances (about 1:00). Please join other Roosevelt parents in the Media Center for this social time.
• FYI: Accessibility Toolbar for this newsletter: The accessibility toolbar features buttons to change the font size, contrast of the page, and language. It is important for everyone to know that this toolbar is available is at the bottom of this newsletter. Check it out!!!
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
Coach for the Morning
Hanan got to be coach for the morning with Mr. Burmeister. Keep reading, Raccoons!
Principal for the Morning
Principal Taylor did an awesome job as Principal for the Morning last Friday. He greeted Science Fair judges and welcomed families at the Family Reading Celebration. Keep reading, Raccoons!
Art Collaboration with West High School
Roosevelt 4th grade students are partnering with high school art students to make a collaborative ceramic project. Be watching for pictures of the finished product in a few weeks.