Lakeview Family Newsletter - September 11
Prefer to read this in a different language? Scroll to the bottom and click "translate".
Supply pickup this week!
Thursday, September 17 from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Friday, September 18 from 9:00-11:00 a.m.
We will need materials picked up for every student at one of those times - it will be much faster than last time because we just have one bag to hand out for each student. You can even have a friend or relative pick up for you.
Please note: We need students to bring all of these materials and papers back to school once we are in-person again. Please keep everything together and return it.
Launchpad Meeting Survey
New schedules start Monday
• Students still start the day at 8:30 a.m. with morning meeting.
• Although the overall school day is lengthened to end at 3:30, there are actually more screen breaks built in throughout the day. The times indicated for 1:1 or Small Group Instruction are times when teachers will see students for approximately 15 minute lessons before switching to another small group. When a student is not scheduled to be part of a group, he/she should step away from the Chromebook, read, get some exercise, play a game, have a snack, etc. After a few days, your child(ren) will fall into this new schedule.
• You will notice that grade level schedules do not all stop and start at the same time anymore. That may take some adjustment in your home for a few days as well.
• In the middle of the day, there is time built in where all students are on break to be able to pick up lunch or transition between locations if needed.
• The same overall schedule is followed at all four elementary schools.
First PTO Meeting of the School Year
This is a great chance to get involved in our Lakeview PTO from the comfort of your very own home! Our PTO supports all of the fun events you have experienced in the past (dances, color run, grandparent's day) and they also support our incredible teachers. But we need you to make all of that come to life. Please join the Zoom on Thursday to learn more.