Volume 1, Issue 2 April 2016
Wednesday, April 20th-Spring 2016 Nonpublic Principals' Meeting
Tuesday, May 10th-New Workshop for School Counselors
(copy and paste link below in browser for more information)
Friday, May 13th-Live Broadcast from NASA Headquarters to PA Schools
10:00 AM – Noon
If interested in watching the stream, go to:
Friday, May 20th-EOY Benchmark Due Date
Monday, May 23rd-Title I/Act 89 Parent Night
Wednesday, June 15th-Literacy Symposium at Desales University
Tuesday, July 19th-Gifted Seminar at Carbon-Lehigh IU21
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- If you are interested in participating in the Title I/Act 89 Parent Engagement Night, please email or call Todd with your proposed plan/activity no later than April 18th.
- If you are looking for any Professional Development, please check out the CIU20 website http://www.ciu20.org/cms/lib07/PA01916263/Centricity/Domain/13/Winter-Spring%202016%20Course%20Workshop%20Book.pdf
- If interested, please complete the 2016-17 Professional Development Survey ASAP https://docs.google.com/a/ciu20.org/forms/d/1iZhmApJu8lWshLQ77p_upieLVPN_dGIGXocBSFEyrxI/viewform
- Prior to your end-of-year final evaluation meeting in late May/early June, you will need to complete the post-assessment section of Form A. You should have completed the pre-assessment in the fall. This form, along with the others, will be discussed at your individual meeting. Please contact Todd with questions. Paige will be scheduling these meetings in the near future, which will begin the week of May 23rd.
- The staff meeting scheduled for April 19th has been cancelled and will be held in the afternoon of April 20th.
- Please send home your Title I Parent Surveys by the end of April.
- We are starting to brainstorm ideas for Orientation Week this summer. If there is any training(s)/professional development you think would be beneficial for the department, please email Todd your suggestions. He is working on scheduling cultural competence and mental health training, per the discussion at the last staff meeting.
FROM THE TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE
FROM THE READING COMMITTEE
- For End-of-the-Year testing, you will be using Really Great Reading Surveys Kathy B. will have extra copies of Form B at the Principals' Meeting on April 20th. (Forms were given to you in a purple folder!)
- Progress Monitor DIBELS Next
- If you haven't done so, please respond to Kathy B's email regarding your preference of QRI-6 training (1/2 day or full day).
- Orders are due soon! Please send suggestions for reading materials that might interest the whole staff to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 23. If you want the little (2"x3") blank flashcards and/or the long (3"x 9") cards, please email Kathy size and quantity also by April 23rd.
FROM THE MATH COMMITTEE
- Progress Monitor AimsWeb
- Todd has contacted Pearson again regarding an AimsWeb refresher training for the Math Committee. More details forthcoming.
- Congratulations to Ryan Allen, School Counselor, and his wife Ivy, on the birth of their second child, a baby girl! Ryan, Ivy and big brother Jacob welcomed Baby Camila Ivy Allen into their family on Thursday, April 7th. She was born at St. Luke's Hospital in Fountain Hill, weighing 7 pounds and 1 ounce. She is a perfectly healthy baby girl, and Jacob couldn't be more excited to be a big brother. Mom and Dad are proud parents of this beautiful little girl too! Picture of the little princess forthcoming.
Congratulations to Betty Ann McInteer, School Psychologist, who will be retiring at the end of the 2015-16 school year! Thank you, Betty Ann, for your years of service and all of your hard work. You will be missed by everyone in the NPSS department, as well as by those in the schools in which you have served over the years. All the best in your future endeavors!