CMS EAGLE EXPRESS
February 7, 2021 VOLUME 13 ISSUE 23
THANK YOU MRS. HALLMAN, MRS. HOLSTEIN, AND MRS. WEST FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR OUR CMS FAMILY! OUR SCHOOL COUNSELORS ARE THE BEST!
calendar at a glance
8: FCA Blanket Drive (see flyer below)
10: Report Cards mailed to FIVE students
11: Report Cards go home
15: Student Holiday ~ Presidents' Day
15-19: Kindness Week
17: Middle School Late Start Day (doors open at 9:00 am)
22: D5 School Board meeting at DO ~ 7:00 pm
5: Interim for 3rd nine weeks
middle school late start days
On late start days, CMS doors will open at 9:00 am and the first class begins at 9:30 am. Dismissal remains the same at 3:30 pm.
Important Information for Students when Quarantined
Classes and Assignments
- Students should follow the bell schedule and log into Google Classroom for each class to see posted assignments, review materials, and access live Google Meet sessions and/or recorded lessons.
- Students should complete the Daily Attendance Log in Google Classroom for each class.
- Students who are confused or need additional help should reach out to the teacher through email, Google Classroom, or by phone.
- Students will be coded as Virtually Present during the school-directed quarantine dates. You do not need to send in anything else for attendance purposes unless you have a medical note or a negative COVID test result.
important friendly reminders
- All students are required to wear a mask or face covering while on campus, on district transportation, or attending a school-related activity. The mask or face covering should cover the wearer’s nose, mouth, and chin simultaneously. Parents, please review these expectations with your child- especially the part about the mask covering the nose, too.
- Please send a water bottle to school with your child for access to water during the day. While our water fountains are turned off, our refillable water stations remain on and available to students throughout the day.
- Report Cards will be mailed to FIVE students on Wednesday and will be sent home with in-person students on Thursday of this week.
february students of the month
The Character Trait for February is RESPECT. Respect is showing high regard for and positive actions toward yourself, others, and property. Respect conveys a sense of admiration for good and valuable qualities. Being respectful is a very important character trait to employers. This means treating people with care and concern. It also means collaborating and working with others, especially with those who may be different from you.
Congratulations to the following students who have been recognized as Students of the Month.
HONORS AUDITIONS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
ATTENTION PARENTS! It is time for Rising 7th and 8th grade Honors auditions for the 2021-2022 school year. Please click the link below for more details:
Rising 7th graders: https://docs.google.com/.../1acIfLIg.../edit...
Rising 8th graders: https://docs.google.com/.../1DiN2kqRn88CVxqYvFy72.../edit...
clubs and activities
NEW SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL LEARNING CURRICULUM
D5 IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND UPCOMING EVENTS
TECHNOLOGY / DISTANCE LEARNING INFORMATION
TECHNOLOGY ISSUES? WE ARE HERE TO HELP! FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW
This is for all CMS students, both FIVE and hybrid.
INSTRUCTIONAL TECH SUPPORT ~ MRS. LORI POWERS
issues with passwords, accessing Classrooms, Meets, online textbooks, how to use a software or program, Chromebook accessibility needs (text to speech features, magnifying glass, sticky keys, etc).
TECH SERVICES ASSISTANCE -- MR. MIKE HATCHELL / MRS. MARY ANN RIDGEWAY
A broken device, keyboard not working, not charging, no WIFI, charger issue
Both forms are also located in the Grade Level Google Classrooms right at the top.