Mrs. Dearmon's Rockin' Fourth Grade
Week of September 28th - October 2nd
- Back to School night is Thursday, October 1 from 6-7:30. Hope to see you all then! BRING A CELL PHONE OR TABLET BECAUSE WE WILL PLAY A GAME!!!
- Box top contest is currently in full swing! Please send in any you have saved from the summer.
- Early release day on Wednesday. We will not have resource, but we will be having lunch in the classroom from 11:15 - 11:45. Students leave at 2:55.
- I offer a morning review the day of any tests. So, I will have a morning review for science on Tuesday morning at 7:45 and a review for the math test at 7:45 on Wednesday morning. Students meet me at the front door. This is optional.
What is going on this week in curriculum?
Math (My math class only)
- Monday we will be reviewing for the place value test by completing review stations.
- Tuesday we will continue the review stations for the test tomorrow. There will be a practice test for HW that night.
- Wednesday is the test on the place value unit. It covers place value, comparing numbers, and rounding. I am offering a morning review on Wednesday morning at 7:45 for any students who want to come. Please drop your child off at the front loop and I will meet them there. This is optional.
- Thursday we begin our unit on graphing. Today we learn about all the parts of a graph using the acronym TAILS.
- Friday we will be reviewing bar graphs and completing one as a class.
- This week during our workshop, the students will be working on: making mental pictures/movies while reading a text. This is called visualizing.
- Virginia Studies Newspaper week 2 on rivers of Virginia.
- Spectrum comprehension sheet
- Homework is to read 20 minutes every night. There is no log, but I will be following up on the reading at school so it is important that this happens.
- We will be putting together our "All About Me" writings and people this week so they are ready for Back to school night.
- Our focus on writing this week is continuing to create ideas for writing. We will also be working on "voice" as we write.
- The students will also be paired with their writing partner for the year. This relationship will be developed and will grow as they learn to trust each other.
- Monday we will be reviewing for our scientific method test by playing a Jeopardy game.
- A review packet was given out on Thursday. This review is due Tuesday and will be a grade.
- The test isTuesday, September 29th. I will have a morning review session on Tuesday at 7:45.
- The students will switch back to Virginia Studies with Mrs. Keller on Thursday.
- They will be reviewing the characteristics of the regions of Virginia and learning the rivers of Virginia with the major cities on those rivers.
Spring Run Elementary Room 500
Fourth Grade Teacher