Classroom News April 26, 2015
EPiC Studio 3
Game Design Materials - Bring on MONDAY!
Again, we have a lot of options for students at school so please do not feel obligated to have your child bring in materials from home.
iPad Update to ios 8.3
- Settings - General - Software Update - iOS 8.3
Homework - On Monday, April 27th students will bring home a one page homework sheet.
Your child will return this on Friday, May 1st, along with a parent signature.
NOTE: Many parents have found it beneficial to have their child unplug their headphones so that they can sit by their child and listen while they watch (support as needed) them work. For example, DreamBox, Reflex, Front Row, Lexia, and Reading Plus are all apps that you may choose to check in on your child as they work. Of course we still ask that you help your child look over their blog post before publishing. We are really pushing the students to continue improving their paragraphs so that they are high quality in both content and grammar.
Digital Volunteers - Over the weekend (May 1st-3rd), please comment to your buddies. Thank you!
Focus for Feedback:
- Quality summary and reflection paragraphs which include main idea/introduction, details from the text (in own words), and closing sentence
- Correct grammar (especially complete sentences - no run-on's or fragments)
- Title - a title that grabs your attention as a reader and makes you want to read the post
Camp Invention is a camp offered in July, located at Liberty Oaks Elemetary. Click here for more details.
LEAD - Liberty Engineering and Design Camp ($40, May 22nd from 8:45-3:00pm)
Families, Please read the email below.
Teachers, Administration, and Staff,
This weekend, Liberty High School's Technology Student Association had an impressive showing at the state competition in Rolla, Missouri. Of the 19 events taken to state, all placed in the top 10. Sixteen events were national qualifiers including nine 1st place finishes, two 2nd place finishes, and five 3rd place finishes.
Now we are trying to raise enough money to send all 21 qualifying students to the national competition in Dallas, TX from June 28-July 4th. One of our main fundraisers is LEAD (Liberty Engineering and Design) Camp for students K-5 for the 2015-16 school year. Students will be introduced to engineering concepts and participate in a variety of different activities from all fields of engineering including civil, mechanical, chemical, and more. They will also receive lunch, a t-shirt, and at least one project to take home.
If you have any students that are interested, the camp will take place on May 22 from 8:45am-3:00pm. The cost is $40 and in order to register, you will need to contact email@example.com with the student's name and grade and he will respond to receive further information. We are limited to 15 students per grade on a first come first served basis.
We hope you can bring your children or let your students know about this great opportunity to help our team go to nationals and introduce engineering to young children.
Liberty High School Senior
Liberty High School
PLTW / Industrial Technology
Dates to Remember
- April 27th: Chick-Fil-A Restaurant Night
- April 28th: Class Picture Day
- April 30th: Field Trip back to Shoal Creek to play games students created (9:30-11:00)
- May 4th: Chipotle Restaurant Night
- May 12th: PTA Meeting (6pm)
- May 22nd: Liberty Engineering and Design Camp (must have registered)
- May 15th: Spirit Wear Day
- May 20th: Early Release
- May 25th-29th: NO SCHOOL
- June 1- Back to School
- June 5 - Field Day
- June 12 - Make up day for Field Day (if needed)
- June 25 - Last Day of School for EPiC Students (regular day, NO early release)