Personalized Learning Update
September 25, 2015
Group 1-5 Weekly Updates
Once these calendar invitations have gone out, this weekly communication will transition to bi-weekly frequency, and contain Fulton specific updates/examples and resources to support your schools.
Iteration is the name of the game, and I will continue to do my best to meet your needs moving forward.
Student Advocate Training
This site is the home for all Personalized Learning information. Employee Log-in Required.
Device Selection kits will begin to arrive at schools on September 29th, and your Learning Community School Tech Coordinators will deliver them in person.
firstname.lastname@example.org Mary Elizabeth Ward: Central
email@example.com James Stewart: South
YoungAM@fultonschools.org Allyson Young: Northwest
Markusson@fultonschools.org Barb Markusson: Northeast
Please reference the Device tab in our shared OneNote Folder for your documents and process outline.
Device Selection Checklist
- Form a Device Selection Committee (2-3 teachers, 1-2 parents, 1 student, Principal)
- Conflict of Interest Form- Filled out by Device Selection Committee
- Conflict of Interest Form- Filled out by School Governance Council
- Selection Committee will Review and Test Devices in the market place-FCS will provide us with a chance to test the devices
- Score devices on a Rubric- We can come to a consensus or average the responses to come to a conclusion.
- School Governance Council Vote for our selected devices
- Must have Conflict of interest signed
- Selection committee will present our final rubric -scores and recommend device
- SGC approves recommendation with majority vote
Spring Launch Group 1 PLA
Thursday, Oct. 1st, 9am-3pm
3595 Webb Bridge Road
The following school teams will work on finalizing their plans:
Lake Forest ES
Next Touchpoint is Design Workshop 2.0
- School teams will have facilitated planning time to refine their instructional model(s) for personalized learning in year 1.
- Attendees: Principal and- 4-6 members of school leadership team and lead teachers.
Individual Calendar Invites will be sent to Principals for all future work.
School Listening Tours will be conducted in the next over the next month. CALENDAR INVITES ARE BEING SENT OUT THRU OUTLOOK TO CONFIRM ALL FUTURE WORK!
School Listening Tour
- Education Elements will visit schools in order to discuss school visions for personalized learning and to assess schools’ readiness to move towards and support a personalized learning model
- Plan to set aside:
- One-hour for a conversation with principal and up to five members of your school leadership team.
- 30-min for a tour of school and classrooms (should be guided by principal or someone from school leadership)
- 30-min for conversation with 4-6 teachers
Group 4 and 5
Group 5, in May of 2016.
Please use this time to develop your understanding of Personalized Learning and build a team (of 4-6 folks...principal included) that can act as your design team for Personalized Learning. Access the Personalized Learning Portal (button at the top of this newsletter), for LOTS of information.
***The documents that you need to access from your session at the 9/17 Principal's Meeting are now available by clicking the link below!***
They are available on the right hand side of the Toolkit page.
Public Personalized Learning Dashboard
Personalized Learning Dashboard
In response to community requests, we have created a dashboard to show where each school is in the process to roll out personalized learning and student devices. Our goal is to provide this information, while also emphasizing that each school is in a different roll out group and is exactly where they should be right now. This will be updated weekly and is based on the attached “checklist” some of you in early groups have seen.
If you have questions or feedback on how we can make the website and dashboard useful communications tools for you please contact
Caitlin Day-Lewis (470-254-6790 or firstname.lastname@example.org).