Mrs. Finch's Learning Lodge
Around The Campfire This Week--October 17th-21st, 2016
UIL practices are in full swing. Second graders have the chance to participate in UIL Oral Reading, Spelling, Creative Writing, Music Memory, and Chess. Announcements for all UIL teams will be made in the next week or so.
Raffle tickets for our Fall Festival came home last Friday. This is a big deal in Brock as the entire community comes out for fun, food, and games. Each grade level raffles off big ticket items such as a backyard movie theater package, a family fun cave package, a tailgating package, and our very own outdoor living package with MUCH, much more! There are incentives for your child when he/she returns each page of tickets (10 tickets). Please remember do not cut the tickets apart. We will do this for you!
Thank you all who participated in $1 Hat Days in September. We were able to donate over $700 to St. Jude's. This months proceeds benefit Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Last, we will end this very busy week by attending Friday's, The Ranch/Pink Out Pep Rally at 9AM. Wear pink!
Have a great week!
Camp Happenings This Week
Reading and Writing Workshop:
Understanding Literary Language
Opinion Writing/Letter Writing
Module 6: Double Digit Addition
Use Doubles, Make A Ten, Use Subtraction To Help You Add
Module Test on Friday
Math Vocabulary--words 1-13.
- Read daily for at least 20 minutes; complete the reading log.
- Review Math Vocabulary 1-7 and add words 8-13. Vocabulary Test on Friday.
- Xtra Math lesson 2-3 per week
Be sure to click on the "button text" or gray rectangular bars within this newsletter for more information!!
- School Safety Week: October 17th-21st
- Monday, October 17th: CiCi's Night
- Wednesdays wear orange for Fairness
- Friday, October 21st: The Ranch Pep Rally, Dodgeball Tournament
- $1 Hat Days every Friday in October; benefits Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Red Ribbon Week: October 24th-28th (details below)
- Saturday, October 29th: Fall Festival
- Friday, November 11th: Veteran's Day Breakfast & Program
- Thursday, November 17th: Thanksgiving Music Program
Red Ribbon Week
Monday: Too Bright to do Drugs (Wear Sunglasses)
Tuesday: "Hairs" to a Drug Free Life (Crazy Hair)
Wednesday: Long Life Ahead of Being Drug Free (Dress Like an Elderly Person)
Thursday: Hugs, Not Drugs (Bring a Stuffed Animal)
Friday: Dream of a Drug Free World (Wear PJs)
I would like to start a MakerSpace in our classroom. MakerSpace is a time for children to create, discover, and innovate. Any time throughout this year, instead of giving me tokens of appreciation, consider giving to the children. Thank you!
Keep those Box Tops coming in!