Adaptations and Physical Characteristics
EX - Grey Whales
- Most animals are bilateral, but some primitive animals are asymmetric.
- Animals are made up of multiple organ systems like a digestive system and muscular system.
- Animals have multiple different types of cells including a nucleus
- Animal Kingdom is the largest and most diverse
- 800,000 Species out of 9-10 million have been identified.
- Most animals life in the sea.
- 36 Phyla in the kingdom.
- Made up of cells that don't have a cell wall
- Obtain energy from eating other animals or plants.
- Respond quickly to external stimuli
Characteristics of life
- Animals adapt to different environments due to physical changes on their body or behavioral changes from their daily lives.
- Some animals develop from a process called metamorphosis, but most animals allow the Hox gene (Genes responsible for determining your body plan) to determine how they grow and develop over time.
- Animals obtain energy from eating other animals or plants.