Title I Talk
Parent Involvement Edition
The first 95% of the first percent of the district's PI must be utilized at the individual school/building level. The remaining 5% of the first percent can but utilized a district level. Our 2015-16 budgets were built with 100% of our PI allocation going towards individual buildings. Each building has $1,573 to expend.
- Annual Title I Parent Meeting
- Distribution of Parent Right-to-Know Letters
- School Parent Involvement Policy
- LEA Parent Involvement Policy
- School-Parent Compact
Additional information regarding the PI components can be found on the Title I Learning Connection Community under Files and Bookmarks as well as the IDOE Title I Resource page.
ALLOWABLE USAGE & PI IDEAS
Below are some examples of activities/items that are allowable using Title I Funds. This is certainly just a start, and if you have other ideas you'd like to know if are allowable, please let me know and I will work to find out.
- Hire bilingual parent liaisons
- Literacy/math family nights (necessary materials/manipulatives)
- Parent informational meetings (assessment, curriculum, etc.)
- Provide students with literacy materials (including materials in native languages!)
- Parenting classes/resources (could utilize social workers; stipends allowable for paid services)
- Take-home literacy/math resources and accompanying materials
- Activities for EL speaking families
- Parent book study
- Parent professional development (educational speaker)
- After school library hours
- Light snacks and drinks for PI activities/meetings
Please also reference the below chart regarding incentives.
Note -- there is a difference in the allowability of funds depending on Targeted Assistance Schools (TAS) and School Wide (SW) programming. In a TAS, PI funds are only allowable for identified Title I students. In SW programs, PI funds are allowable for all families.