Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | March 18, 2022
Hello Indian Run Families,
We hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day yesterday and your NCAA March Madness brackets haven't been busted!
This is always a fun time of the school year as the weather starts getting nicer. We have one week left before our Spring Break and plan to maximize the week in our classrooms.
If your child will be missing any school next week, please be sure to inform your classroom teacher and our attendance line at:
Have a great weekend!
Amber and Marty
Indian Run Announcements
5th Grade Families
- See the FREE opportunity below to learn more about the transition to middle school.
Anthony Thomas Chocolates
- See the FREE event from Anthony Thomas Chocolates below.
Panorama Email Sent to Families
Dear Dublin Families,
Student well-being is an essential component of educating the whole child. During the weeks of April 4-15, Dublin City Schools students in grades 3-12 will participate in a questionnaire asking their perceptions about school and student support.
There are two versions of the questionnaire, one for students in grades 3-5 and one for students in grades 6-12. Parents and guardians can review the script that staff will read to students prior to the questionnaire, the questions that will be asked, review our Panorama for Education Questionnaire FAQ and/or opt their child out by using the links below.
When completing the questionnaire, students will be encouraged to reflect on their own mindsets, approaches to learning, and feelings about school. The results will help us to better understand how we can alleviate barriers to learning, promote a culture of inclusivity and belonging, and how to best support the needs of students.
If you have questions about how this questionnaire helps us meet District goals or the process we use, please contact Dublin City Schools’ Director of Student Wellbeing, Tyler Wolfe at email@example.com.
This is the script that teachers will read to students:
Questions that will appear on the 2021-2022 Panorama for Education Survey:
Frequently asked questions about Panorama for Education:
The Opt-Out deadline is March 25, 2022:
Kindergarten Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is open!
2022-23 Kindergarten Parent Information Night will be in person on April 19th from 6:30-7:30pm.
- Need to update your IRE wardrobe? Check out our IRE Spirtwear options
- Be sure to check out our latest episodes of The Wire.
UPCOMING INDIAN RUN EVENTS
- March: Women's History month
- March 28-April 1: Spring Break
- April 19: 2022-2023 KG Parent Information Night @ 6:30pm
- April 22: PTO Family Game Night
- - - - - - - - -
Highlighting the Aviation Academy
- Check out this video done by students in our Digital Media Academy highlighting the learning happening in our Aviation Academy at Emerald Campus.
Students are invited to attend the Career, Job, & Internship Fair
- The Dublin City Schools Work in Dublin Career, Job and Internship fair is set for Tuesday, April 12 at Scioto. The event is at 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. and transportation will be provided for students who wish to attend during the school day. This is a great opportunity for students to find a summer job, get started in their career or get an internship opportunity in a field they are interested in. Students can register for the event using the QR code on this webpage.
Seeds of Caring
- Seeds of Caring is a service organization that offers opportunities for young people and families to volunteer. Many families in Dublin are involved in Seeds of Caring and it's a great way to help kids learn the value of helping others and contributing to the community. You can learn more at this link.
Military Options Night - April 19
- Students, families and staff in Dublin City Schools are invited to Military Options Night Tuesday, April 19 at 6-8 p.m. at Emerald Campus. This free event will include an overview presentation on the Military, breakout sessions with guest panelists, and military recruiters to answer questions. Enlistment is 1 of the 4 E's (Education, Employment, Enlistment, Entrepreneurship), otherwise known as options for post-graduation. Click here to learn more info.