CIU 20 Leadership News
Thank you for a great year!
CIU 20 is always dedicated to your children and the people who serve them!
2016-2017 Principal Symposiums: Save the Dates!
July 14, 2016: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
October 6, 2016: 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
January 12, 2017: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
March 16, 2017: 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
See the link for more information: https://drive.google.com/a/ciu20.org/file/d/0BxdKuzYQQ1EuTHV3eHRjcVRCcm8/view
PDE Data Summit in Hershey, PA (May 22-May 25, 2016)
· There will be a session on May 24th titled, “5 Ways to Ensure Effective CDT Administration.”
Updates coming to e-Direct website
· Documents from the Field utilize for data analysis of CDT results are being collected -will be creating a repository for everyone to access these documents
· Grades 4 and 7-Math, reading, writing and Literature simulations for trainings have been updated! Updated simulations will be uploaded to DRC website on May 1st.
***Will now need to physically change the “end date” to 7/31/15 in order to view the data in the simulations.
2016-17 CDT Training
· “General” ToT sessions will be online
· “Next Steps” trainings and “SLO” trainings will be face-to-face delivered by IU in Fall
· As of April 11, 2016, the number of completed tests for the CDT is 1,182,489
· IU20 region is the 4th top user overall (70,000 administrations) of the CDTs across the state.
Other items to note:
· Learning Progression Maps: A filter is being developed to provide a choice to view ALL content standards or just the standards that student(s) received during their most recent CDT testing.
· PPID number will no longer be required for teacher set up into the DRC system. Only the teacher’s email will be used. (Privacy issue)
· SLO cut points were updated. These scores were also updated on the SLO spreadsheet and PowerPoint notes for trainers.
· iPAD issue fixed: There was a fix done on February 16th (some items on the CDT test were being cut off on the screen). Bug report was submitted to Apple. Issue occurred when updating from OS Version 8.0 to 9.0.
· CDT Validity Study: First year with PA Core Standards, found a fairly strong correlations when comparing CDT test scores with PSSAs and Keystones. The results are highly correlated because both have the Assessment Anchors and Eligible Content as their foundation, matching scale score to scale score. CDTs are still, NOT A PREDICTOR! However, students who score well in the CDTs seem to score well on the PSSAs and Keystones.
Opportunity for HS Teachers - Project Based Assessments Scorers
PDE is soliciting the help of HS Biology, Algebra and Literature teachers to come together in late June to assist with the scoring of the PBAs. This will be a great opportunity for teachers to collaborate with their peers while also providing feedback to students who have completed the assessments. They will also earn a stipend of $500 for assisting.
Please see below for more information
CIU 20 to Host 4th Annual Literacy Fair
SUMMER SCHOOL 2016 - CREDIT RECOVERY AND ACCELERATED LEARNING
The Colonial Virtual Program (CVP) is meeting with schools and districts to establish Summer School options for your students. Through a partnership with CVP, we will enroll and monitor student progress during the summer and report grades to the districts prior to the start of the new school year. Our learning platform is highly engaging and has numerous built-in supports to assist students in their success.
Credit Recovery options run in an 8 week format where students can pre-test and recover the skills and credits they didn’t acquire during the school year. The Accelerated Learning options are full, original credit courses in a condensed format
Contact Renee Harris, Online Teaching and Learning Consultant at 610-515-6566 or firstname.lastname@example.org to begin planning for Summer School 2016.
Regional 24 Challenge® Tournament
Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 hosted regional 24 Challenge® Tournaments on May 11th and 12th!
Playing the 24 Challenge® game provides students with an opportunity to develop problem solving, and mental math skills. The object of this fast-paced game is to make the four numbers on every card equal 24 by using addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division. Each of the numbers may be used one time only.
The challenge is to determine what combination of addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division of numbers will yield that solution. The first student to successfully solve the card wins that round. Students will compete in numerous rounds using single digit cards, double digit cards and variable cards.
The top three students in each grade band will compete at the PA State – 24 Challenge® Tournament on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 in Harrisburg.
Grades 4 - 5 State Tournament Qualifiers:
Christian Johnson, Pocono Mountain School District
Alec Hume, LV Academy Charter School
Daniel Martinez, Pocono Mountain School District
Grade 6 State Tournament Qualifiers:
Kyndred Wright, LV Academy Charter School
Andrew Ritchie, Pocono Mountain School District
Gianina Money, Pocono Mountain School District
Grades 7-8 State Tournament Qualifiers:
Alex Krupka, Moravian Academy
Neha Skandan, Moravian Academy
Alex Adams, Moravian Academy
Contact Susan Kandianis at email@example.com with any questions on how your school can learn more about the 24 Challenge® Tournament!
Chapter 339 Introductory Session
Summer Administrative Workshop - July 28th
"Empowering the School Community Through Your LEA
(Leadership. Engagement. Acceptance.)"
Registration information is coming soon, but please check out more details here: www.ciu20.org/saw
CIU 20: Dedicated to your children and the people who serve them.
Director of Professional Learning and Curriculum
Division Of Administrative and Professional Services
twitter @ColonialIU20 @michellebozzini
Asst Director of Professional Learning and Curriculum
Asst Director of Professional Learning and Educational Technology
Online Teaching and Learning Consultant
Susan Kandianis, Ed.D.
Educational Technology Coordinator
Todd Van Nortwick
Supervisor of Professional Learning and Auxiliary Services
Coordinator of Professional Development