CCSD PL Day
February 16, 2015
Professional Learning Day
Morning sessions will begin at 8:00 am, so allow yourself enough time to find a parking space and get settled in. The sessions are packed with info, so please be on time. Lunch and travel time back to your school will be 11:30 to 1:30 p.m. The elementary and middle schools will engage in school-based sessions during the afternoon.
High Schools are scheduled at Athens Technical College, and those schedules have been communicated directly to all high school staff.
Since most sessions will involve some form of technology, please be prepared to bring your fully charged laptop along with your power cord.
For more detail (including your session location), click on this link for the schedule of morning sessions.
Please submit this form no later than Wednesday 2/11 so we can get an accurate count of participants. Coffee, refreshments and a light breakfast will be served.
This session will take place in the cafeteria at Barrow Elementary.
Support for all K-5 Teachers
A targeted professional learning opportunity has been scheduled for all K-5 Core Content teachers.K-2 teachers will:
- have an opportunity to revisit Interactive Read Aloud/Shared Reading protocols to ensure effective classroom implementation
- have an opportunity to review and discuss the purpose of using DIBELS Next data to identify strategic interventions needed to move students forward
Grades 3-5 teachers will:
- have an opportunity to ask questions about the content and format of the upcoming Milestones assessment and explore resources to help them prepare
- explore options for the explicit teaching of language standards as well as integrating ELA standards into social studies content and work collaboratively to develop language lessons
- explore strategies for using mentor texts in writing
Check the detailed schedule for locations.
All ESOL teachers
ESOL teachers will work on collaborative planning and program audit.
Teachers will collaborate on the development of a shared bank of ACCESS prep items/develop shared bank of plans and strategies to support collaborating teachers/Conduct compliance audit of program requirements.
This session will take place in the BOE Gym.